Chapter 14 ~Battles End

"You know you were a pretty great student. A prodigy only once every lifetime someone would witness." I scoffed as I placed him a little ways away from the action. "Were?"

"Haku took your place. He is far too innocent for the ninja world, I should have noticed that before." An ever so small smile was present on his face. "He cared for you more than I did."

"At least he didn't try to kill me upon first meeting me, like someone did." I recalled the day like yesterday. I was brought to Zabuza for sword training by Orchimaru when I was about six. I trained with him until I was ten. Not everyday like some would think, but only twice a month.

I tried to kill him, I was thinking a quick neck snap would be sufficient. Orchimaru could tell my thoughts back then, thanks to a rather terrifying smirk that played on my face when I come up with ways to kill people.

"He was an outstanding shinobi, but he was far too soft. I bet he couldn't hurt a fly." I spoke softly, recalling a couple of incidents with Haku. "It seems I have grown soft as well. The boy had an effect on me I see."

"Thank you, sensei, for teaching me ways with a sword. To be honest the only way I knew I could beat you was through your softness." I stood up, him taking full notice of the blood that trickled down my side.

I had now noticed that Kakashi, Naruto, and Tazuna were walking up to us. I believe Haruno was with Uchiha. "Take care of yourself Kritanta."

"Please, Kakashi bring me to the boy." I knew he didn't ask me before because of my wounds. He became much more soft since I first met him. I watched as Kakashi carried his nearly lifeless body. "I wish I could see him again."

"You will in the after life." Naruto commented. Zabuza let out a rasp chuckle as he looked at Haku's pale, lifeless face. "I wish I could, but where I'm going is far worse than him. How I wish we could meet again."

I noticed tears roll down Naruto's face. He was showing emotion to the enemy, why can't I do something on that level? Zabuza was a man Naruto had just met, I had known him for four years. Not to mention to Naruto that he was the enemy, why was he crying.

Emotion was never easy for me, Orchimaru always telling me it was bad and could one day get me killed. As Zabuza's chakra became distant I felt nothing, no remorse, no sadness, not even grief. At the end of the day I still am the product of a used test subject.

I then remembered that Uchiha was injured. I wobbled my way over to Uchiha and Haruno. The others following in my footsteps. I then felt two arms wrap around my waist. I turned my head to see Inari. "Hey kid."

"Thank you for saving the village." He said with a rushed tone. "The pleasure isn't only mine, but team seven's."

He removed his arms, allowing me to crouch down to his level. I realized that his arms were covered in blood.

"Did you get hurt." It came out more of a comment rather than a question.

"No." He shook his head and then pointed at my waist. It was drenched in blood, my heavily toned abs had blood in layers upon layers. It was worse than I thought. "Are you alright?"

"Of course, just a couple more scars to add to the collection." He seemed unsure as to what I meant. I ruffled his hair and pointed to Tazuna. He ran over to the bridge builder me following closely behind.

"So am I still just some chick who can't handle her shit?" I questioned with a victorious smirk. He noticed my appearance but shrugged it off. "Can't say for certain, but at least you ain't talking like some noble person anymore."

"That could be arranged if you'd prefer. But to my dissatisfaction pain can have that effect to a person's mental capacity." I explained with no emotion in my face. I could tell he was enjoying himself as he held his grandson tightly. My grandfather attempted to kill me, how I envied their relationship.

"I enjoy your attitude, its refreshing. We could never repay what you leaf ninja have done here, you have done far more than you had to." He said as Inari nodded along with his words. "We have done our job, all in a day's work one could say."

"So, you all will return to the hidden leaves?" He asked, his upbeat mood drifting away. "It seems to be that way doesn't it."

I whistled and Karliah came racing in from out of nowhere. "I apologize, princess the rest was needed."

"It truly is okay, you've done your job well." I said as I rubbed the back of her ears. I saw Inari's eyes fill with curiosity. "Your gratitude is appreciated Princess."

"Karliah, let these two hear." I saw her question me slightly, however without another word she faces the two men. "Karliah, pleasure to meet you."

"She talks!" Inari yelled in amusement. "When I allow her to, but keep it a secret between the four of us. Not even my team knows."

"You got it, Grandpa let me down." Inari struggled against his elders grip. "Hold up Inari, is that thing safe."

"I don't prefer to be called a thing, and I do have a calm side... sometimes." Karliah chuckled, Tazuna let Inari go. His excitement made Karliah over the moon as the two played. "I assure you Tazuna, Karliah is perfectly safe, unless I tell her otherwise."

"You leaf haven't lied to us yet." He mumbled as he watched his Grandson attempt to climb the wolf who was taller than he. "I must regroup with my team, I can feel that Uchiha should be waking soon."

"Sorry Inari, I need Karliah's support for now." I hoisted myself onto Karliah's white back. "Aww, can I play with her next time we see you?"

"Sure." My face was still emotionless as my crimson red blood soaked the snow white fur. Karliah walked over to the team, just in time to see Uchiha standing up. Just on time.

I noticed someone had removed the sebon from throughout his pale body. My best guess was Haruno. Kakashi shot me a glare, man am I going to have a lot to explain.