Chapter 54~ Genjutsu

I clasped my hand around my neck, feeling the thin fabric around my neck shift under my grip.

"Kri-Chan what's wrong?" Luckily a scream took the attention off of me and onto the battle field.

"BLOOD MY BLOOD!" Garra screeched, the sound was shrill against my ears. I closed my eyes, doing my best to suppress the burning sensation in my neck. I shifted my leather jacket, making sure it covered most of my shoulders and upper chest. I could feel the mark spreading upwards onto my chin. I moved out of the seats, hopefully, unnoticed by those around me.

I opened my eyes and saw feathers falling from the sky. Nows not the time for a fucking Genjutsu! I scoffed and quickly placed my hands in front of my chest. "Fucking release God Dammit!"

Once I knew I was in the clear I opened my eyes to see Sakura, Kakashi, and Guy still left awake.

"Kritanta your neck." Sakura pointed out, I saw Kakashi send me a look and a quirked brow. Seems he had his own suspensions.

"He's nearby." I scowled, pushing chakra away from my neck, successfully pushing back the mark. My eyes went to the Hokage seating area, so he's been impersonating the Kazekage this entire time.

"Kakashi, you have full command over my pack," I muttered, which made Karliahs ears perk up. I unsheathed my sword and with pinpoint accuracy, I hit the roof of a building the Hokage had landed on. "I'm going to assist Sarutobi."

"Kritanta don't!" He shouted, simultaneously a barrier went up around the building, but my sword was able to hit the roof in time. "I have a bone to pick with a certain snake."

"That's a four-point barrier seal you can't get through," Kakashi noted as he saw the purple barrier go up. "You see Kakashi I've done a lot more than just heightening my ability, I've also learned a few new tricks."

I tossed a kunai in his directions, his eye widened upon seeing the hilt having a seal on it. "What did you?"

"I also spent the past month increasing my speed." I smirked whistling lowly. All the wolves were by my side in seconds, including Arrow and Rin.

"Tanta!" He yelled like a child, hugging me from the side. I nabbed him in the stomach, an intense glare coming from me. "Where's Midnight?"

I looked towards the barrier and made a quick hand sign. "Kritanta you didn't, tell me you didn't."

I avoided his gaze before looking at Kakashi. "Nara's awake, his chakra is still flowing with no abnormalities. Rin you're to listen to Kakashi, along with the rest of the pack. Do what he says, I don't wanna hear your bullshit either."

"So much for staying on the down-low. This is such a drag." Nara perked up upon me calling his bluff. I rolled my eyes and concentrated chakra in my left palm. Using my right hand I threw five kunai on the ground, all of which had a seal. "Give one to Naruto when you break the Genjutsu. Nara, Guy, Rin, and Sakura each take one as well. Kakashi keep the one I threw at you, I can easily go to any of them if need be."

"Kritanta as your Sensei I order you to stop concentrating your chakra!" He yelled, but he wasn't angry, something else laced his voice. It almost sounded like sorrow, but what do I know. "Kakashi you of all people should know I don't follow rules."

"Stop!" Sakura was on the verge of tears, her voice cracking as she hitched her breath. "Don't do this Kritanta-San, we can all get through this together."

"I can't- I can't do this any longer. That damn snake has put me through the most treacherous hell and back multiple times. Now is my time to take him down for good." I smiled lightly at them all, shocking most of them from seeing the slight display of vulnerability. "Despite my demeanor and attitude my brain can't seem to let any of you go. I care too damn much, and I need to do this to be free from my past."

The required chakra was in my palms and my body started to flicker from where I stood. I let out a shaky breath, fully committing to my reckless decision. "Flying Rajinn!"

When I reopened my eyes mere seconds late, I felt the uneven roofing below my feet. In front of me was Sarutobi and the alleged Kazekage, who had a kunai to Sarutobi's neck.

"Well well well, if it isn't my little prodigy." He seethed, I felt a shiver run up my spine from the sheer memories of his voice. "Kritanta, why did you come here?! It's not safe!"

"Didn't you tell me to protect this village with my life? I believe I'm doing my duties as a ninja." I smirked, covering up the fear that coursed throughout my body. His skin started to drip off off his face, revealing a sickly white body. "You're forgetting that I know everything about you, do you really think you stand a chance against me?! I have to admit seeing you battle and to know my prodigy learned the fourth Hokage's own jutsu, I was excited. Maybe I will take you to be my vessel, your body has seemingly limitless potential! And as for you my dear sensei you should have picked the fifth Hokage sooner because you'll die today!"

I pulled Midnight out of the roof, drawing an offensive stance. Ready to attack Orochimaru if he made any rash decisions. But in the end, he stabbed the kunai into his hand, declaring it to wake him up.

"I was thinking you weren't the type of person to hold a grudge, so you have no goal in mind." I blocked out Orchimaru's speech watching as he took a few steps away from Sarutobi a smirk present on his face. "My one goal is to destroy the leaf village!"

"Seems you haven't changed!" Sarutobi spoke back, but his voice held nothing. "I want to see just how far my prodigy has come."