Chapter 24~ It Begins

The blood and adrenaline coursing through my veins was enough to set aside the fear. I looked at Naruto a sadistic smirk beginning to play on my face, "Glad to see you showed up."

"Can't leave my team, believe it!" Naruto said with a huge grin. I began running through all the possibilities, worst case we all die, not so bad. With all the factors I counted in, our chance of winning is below 10%.

"Listen to me very closely, our survival is the priority." I started, Orochimaru was starting to make his way towards us so I adjusted my face accordingly. "So another brat shows up, no matter I will still get what I want in the end."

"Naruto get out of here, what are you thinking, get out of here while you still have the chance!" Seems Uchiha's nerves weren't put to ease. He was on edge, as if the slightest sound could make him kneel over. "So Naruto, I see you managed to escape from my little friend."

I clutched my side using the hand that the sword wasn't in. I am unsure of how much more I can take. "Okay! I don't know what's going on here, but you've been picking on my friends and I don't like it. So you better slither back into your hole before I make a pair of shoes out of you!"

So he aggravates our opponent to no end, claiming to turn him into a pair of shoes. So now Orochimaru is going to be pissed, adding that into the chain we just went down 2%. I thought we'd be able to use Orochimaru's attitude to an advantage, but Naruto crushed that quickly. I saw Uchiha practically shaking in his own skin. Naruto stood contently, a huge shit-eating grin on his face.

"That's it you can have it!" Uchiha shouted, his voice slightly stuttering. He fished through his back pouch, revealing our heaven scroll and said, "The scroll that's what you want right, take it and leave us in peace."

"Sasuke are you crazy! We can't just give her the sc-," He was abruptly stopped by a pissed of Uchiha. "Shut up and stay out of it!"

"Very wise, very sensible. Sometimes the helpless pray their only hope is to distract the predator with something even more precious." Orochimaru hissed her words, Uchiha tossed the scroll in that snake's direction. I was about to grab it when Naruto beat me to the punch. "Stop playing the damn hero, Naruto! Just stay out of this and leave it to me!"

Naruto stayed silent as he punched Uchiha upside his head. "Stop acting foolish!"

"I may not know the password, but I know who I am. You're the one I'm not so sure about. How do we know you're who you say you are?"

He was short on breath, but he managed to say it all. A satisfied smirk laid on my lips, it seems Naruto has more will than Uchiha does. It was going well until pinky had to say something. "What you mean, of course, that's Sasuke, don't be so stupid!"

"What sort of nonsense is this, it's me you loser!" He shouted through clenched teeth, his anger clearly being seen. "Liar! Liar! I don't care how tough a fight you've been through, the Sasuke I know would never run away! When did Sasuke become a coward, you keep saying I don't understand but I do! You choke when something important or dangerous happens!"

"Harsh, but true!" The snake was getting all hyped up over there. It seems our bickering was entertaining him. "It doesn't matter as far as the scroll goes, I could simply kill you all and take it from your cold corpses,"

I noticed his thumb had a small bite mark, it was gushing small amounts of the crimson blood. Damn, a summoning Jutsu. I dug my heels into the ground, quickly lunging towards him. "Don't Naruto! Astara!"

"Summoning Jutsu!" Damn it we were too late. It seems Naruto had the balls to join the fight. We were sent back slightly as the wind picked up, then there stood Orochimaru atop a huge snake. "What a tasty little meal you two will be for him!"

The snake's head slammed into the branch Naruto and I was on. I heard the two sidelined teammates shouting in unison, "Naruto! Astara!"

I was about to grab the falling Naruto, as his collar slipped from my grip. Failing to catch Naruto I stabbed my sword into the tree, my chakra coated feet following quickly behind. As Naruto hit a tree his eyes snapped open. I felt a horrid chakra flood my senses, everything went in slow motion as Naruto kicked the snake head-on. He didn't let up, next he sent a barrage of punched in the snake's direction. He looked like a ravage beast itching for its next mean. It this what the Kyuubi chakra feels like? Was he really the nine tails, I was skeptical of the idea beforehand, but feeling the chakra in persons makes the idea far more plausible. 

I stood in a state of shock, everything happened so quick, the snake changed directions and headed straight for Uchiha. I was too far down, I wouldn't make it up in time. I dashed as quickly as I can, hoping to be in time. I jumped in front of Uchiha, but Naruto stuck a kunai into the snakes head. Shielding all of us from the attack. "Hey kid, you are not scared, are you? Cowering in fear, you aren't the Sasuke I know."

A tongue slithered its way around Naruto's waist. As I was about to jump, a sharp pain erupted from my shoulder. When I looked at it, a kunai had lodged its way into my skin. "Not so fast Kritanta. I think I'll have a little fun with him."

Her fingers became engulfed in the light blue chakra. Lifting up Naruto's jacket she plunged her fingers into the black markings, that I think holds the tailed beast inside of him. The fourth Hokage's seal if I can recall correctly from the seal's pattern. 

Naruto's limp body slumped in Orochimaru's hold, Orochimaru tossed his seemingly lifeless body aside as if he was a rag doll.