Chapter 10 ~Chop Down A Forest

"That is what chakra control is." Haruno finished her extremely long explanation on chakra. Kakashi was still weakened and was using crutches provided by Tazunas daughter, Tsunami.

He was determined to train us while weak. I had no objections, however, he is going to be extremely exhausted whe the next fight comes. According to Kakashi, Zabuza wasn't dead. Which I doubted he really was so that wasn't big news.

"Now watch." We all watched as Kakashi defied gravity, much like his hair, and walked up the tree. "See simple, now you try."

I rolled my eyes, wanting to see how the team did. I soon realized, not that I read the reports, that you were only supposed to create three regular clones during the graduation exam. Not what I did creating a few dozen shadow clones, well you live and learn I guess.

Haruno was doing pretty decent as she made it half way up the tree. "Hey! This is pretty fun!"

"Alright, my turn!" Naruto yelled as he ran twice and fell on his back. Uchiha went next, however he never said a word. He made it slightly passed Naruto and flipped off. Showing off as usual. Kakashi looked towards me with a raised brow. "Are you going to try."

"Yeah sure, I'll try." I spoke, putting more emphasis on the try, just to show how much I cared. I rolled my eyes as I walked up the tree, adding in a little turn along the way. I jumped down and landed on one knee. "Anything else, sensei."

Now I was being a bitch but didn't really care. My only goal now is to see what information I can get off of Zabuza. "Seems the girls of our team have better chakra control."

As I stood up I smirked slightly at his remark, that nin has no idea what he is getting himself into. Haku should be making an appearance at our next incounter. The only person besides me that could maybe rival his speed is Uchiha. Again that is only a maybe.

"I'm gonna go cut down a forest, ok?" I said as I stared to walk away. "At least leave a couple trees so the human race can breath."

"It's a shame I don't like humans." Little did the copy cat know, that on my face held a small satisfactory smirk. To any normal person they would dismiss the smirk, but for me it was like seeing someone screaming for no reason.

I did exactly as I said, I went about two miles out and cut a mile radius using nothing but my chakra infused blade. I sat in the center of the destruction, taking in my handiwork. "You know that you are depriving yourself of oxygen."

"Shut up Karliah, not in the mood." I said, eyes still closed and focusing on the land around me. "My absolutes, princess."

"Whatever," quickly I stood up and opened my eyes. Deciding it was almost time to head back, I picked up my sword and sheathed it. Zabuza won't know what hit him until it's over.

I made my way back, I ended up sleeping in a tree. It was either the tree or sharing a room with Haruno and I was not at a desperate point in my life. I only went inside to eat breakfast.

"The guys were complaing that the place that usually get wood from was in shambles. They said the only thing in tact was the same trunks over and over again." Tazuna said to his daughter as he helped prepare breakfast. Kakashi shot me a quick glare, to which I brushed off. I have no idea on the world of what happened to the forest ten miles from here.

"Where did they get the wood from then?" Tsunami, Tazunas daughter had asked. "They said all the wood was still there just in the ground, so they cut off the branches and brought the wood to us. They did say it was strange all the wood had chakra burns where they were cut."

This time Kakashi shot me a glare, he knew it was me. This time I responded with, "You said it was okay to destroy a forest."

All eyes were snapped in my direction. Tazuna was the first to speak. "I directly told him that I was going to cut down a forest. Haruno you were there isn't this true."

"You didn't stop her sensei." Haruno said with a small smile. "So in no way was this wasn't my fault, I had permission, if someone was taking the blame, it would be Kakashi."

He sighed in defeat and rolled his one visible eye. "Wheres Uchiha and Naruto?"

"They never came back." Haruno said whilst looking down. I rolled my eyes, her concern is pitiful.

"I'm going on a walk, Karliah! On me." In seconds the wolf was by my side. "Good evening princess."

"Thank you." I said as I mounted the white wolf. To everyone her chatter was simply barks. They seemed confused as I got onto Karliah. "Be back later, just wanna check out the town."

"That is so a lie." Karliah snickered. I playfully hit her side with the heel of my shoe. "If anything happens, don't get me."

Karliah rolled her eyes as she walked out the front door. "Soooo? Where are we actually going?"

"Zabuzas hideout." I said as I leaned back into Karliahs fur. "Wake me when we get there."

With no more needing to be said, I slipped away into a peaceful slumber.

~~~

"Were here." I shifted to a sitting position and looked at the small house in the woods. Definitely got more beaten than I remember.

"Time has taken its toll." Karliah said as she kicked me off of her. "What was that for?"

"You need to lose some weight, carrying you is tiring." I sighed as I pushed open the door. I felt someone rush towards me. In seconds I had them pinned against the wall with my sword to his back. "Hows it going Haku?"

"Just peachy." I released him from the hold and gave him a glance. "You grew your hair out,"

"Yes I did, I assume your here to see Zabuza?" I nodded and proceeded down the hall. I also just noticed that Karliah must have stayed outside. "He's in here resting."

"You put him into a half death state?" He nodded as he took off his mask. "Very clever, my team would have never expected it. Only way it slipped was through Kakashi."

"So how did you even end up in the leaf?" He asked with hints slight curoisty laced though his voice. "Long story short, I ditched snakes and got leafs."

I pushed open the door and saw Zabuza in a bed resting. He immediately looked shocked, yet somehow pleasant by my presence. "Long time no see Zabuza."