Chapter 5 ~First Impressions

The jonin stuck his head through the door, the eraser dropping down onto his head. Naruto stared laughing along with Sakura who slightly snickered.

"My first opinion, your all idiots." I took a good look at him, the copy cat ninja Kakashi, or at least I was pretty sure it was him. "Meet on the roof for introductions."

He poofed into mid air, the others went out the door, leaving me to my thoughts. I jumped out the window and onto the roof, besides Kakashi I was the first one here. I took a seat on the stairs and awaited for my team who showed up a few minutes later.

"Alright let's start off with saying your name and a couple things you like." So who starts. The others looked confused, come on it isn't that hard. "Why don't you go first sensei, so we know how to do it."

"Oh, ummmm, alright. I am Kakashi Hatake, I enjoy various things, same with dislikes. My hobbies are none of your business, my dream is, well I never really thought of one." So all we learned was his name and why he's a annoying bastard. Good first impressions! Then he pointed to Naruto and said, "You go first."

"Okay, my name is Naruto Uzumaki my likes are all different types of Ramen. I hate waiting the three minutes for the Ramen to cook. My hobbies are tasting different types of Ramen. My dream is to someday be the Hokage! Believe it!"

Where does he get all of his energy from. Next in line was Sakura. " My name is Sakura Haruno. I like, I mean who I like is."

She just started squealing, the rest of her sentences were inaudible screeches. I sighed, now we have the quite one, maybe his will be normal. "My name is Sauske Uchiha, I don't particularly like anything. I have a lot of things. My dream, or goal shall I say is to revive my clan and kill a certain someone."

Dark, mysterious, filled with rage. This kid is definitely going places in life. But Uchiha, they were massacred now I remember why his name was so familiar. I rolled my eyes as Kakashi pointed to me. "Kritanta Astara is my name. My likes are my sword. My dislikes is a pedophile with a long tounge. My dream is to find something or someone really important to me."

"Astara clan and Uchiha. Both lone survivors." I heard Kakashi mumble, but I doubt the others heard it. "Alright, tommorow we begin the test to see if you are qualified for a leaf genin. Meet at the training field six am sharp! Don't eat breakfast either."

The others seemed shocked, I only sighed. Then the pink haired idiot spoke up. "Why can't we have breakfast?"

"Trust your gonna wish you hadn't." I rolled my eyes again and stood up. "If that is all I will be on my way."

"Yes, six am don't be late, or suffer the price." The only price I am going to be paying is that I have been slacking on training. I went to what seemed like an empty field. I unsheathed my sword placing it into my left hand.

"Swing with precision and power, however let the blade flow into your movements. The blade is only as strong as the user." These thoughts ran through my mind, as I think of my father. He was the one who started my sword skills at age three.

I started swinging in the tall grass, each swung cut a patch of grass. This went on until the entire field was level. I wiped the beads of sweat that were running down my face. Karliah must be worried by now.

I picked up my stuff and ran back to my home. I twisted the knob knowing that Karliah was in there. "I'm home!"

"Good evening princess. How was your day?" She asked with a polite manner. "Okay, I was put into Kakashi Hatakes team, along with the nine tailed fox and the Uchiha survivor."

"Quite the rambunctious team you have." She said with a laugh. "I haven't even told you about the fan girl yet, she even had the nerve to threaten me."

For the first time in a while I felt relaxed and comforted by her presence. I let my guard down, letting a small smile creep onto my face. "You should smile more, it suits you."

"Apparently a lot of things suite me." I rolled my eyes and sat up on the couch, looking at me curiously. "Yesterday the fox boy called me Kri-Chan, then told me to call him by his first name."

"That's so cute, I have heard of the ways that the boy is treated throughout the village." She said with a sad smile. "I know, it reminds me when I was little. All the stares everyone gave me, just for being a child prodigy."

Karliahs nose was nuzzled up against my side, her comfort made me feel safe. Only I can wish for this feeling to be normal. I sighed and unattached all my equipment, it was about time I let my body rest.

~~~
I woke up without a sound, seeing Karliahs sleeping body curled around mine.

I shoved her lightly, she sniffed the air and sprang into a defensive stance. "No need for that."

"Leaving already, would you like me to accompany you today?" She asked as she rose from her position. "Yes I need you on standby, don't slack this jonin is a little skeptical."

"Understood, what time are you leaving at?" I looked at the clock, just passed seven. "Around nowish."

I quickly got ready and grabbed an apple for breakfast. He said not to eat because we would regret it, but let's be honest in my life what haven't I seen. Oh wait, I haven't seen normality and happiness.

I ran out the doors and ran to the training grounds, Kakashi still wasn't here. Honestly what's the point of giving a speech on showing up, but not following through. I sighed and I joined my team.

"Kri-Chan your late we were supposed to be here almost two hours ago!" Naruto shouted. "Is Kakashi Sensei even here yet?"

"No." He said lightly and looked towards the ground. "Then I'm not late."