Chapter 42~ Carefree

I took the spoon from Rin and then he raised to his feet, his hand on his hip. "I will now escort you to the tea room."

I started walking, but he cleared his throat and motioned for his arm. I heard Kyler try and stifle a hard laugh. I rolled my eyes and laced my arm through and elbows and walked side by side with him towards what looked like a pile of blankets. "Welcome to the castle princess, we have company."

He pushed aside a blanket, revealing a rather large inside with a table and cushions in the center. Arrow, Karliah, Akari were all positioned around the table.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance little princess." Arrow bowed his head, this was the most respect I've ever revived from him. I sweatdropped as Karliah and Akari followed suit and bowed their heads as Rin and I sat on our respective cushions. "This is ridiculous, we are shinobi for the stars sake."

"I do not know what you speak of princess Kritanta. We have tea at this time once a week." Rin smiled, as the blankets moved and Kyler brought in a tray of tea, which was balanced on his back. Rin revived the tray and placed it on the table.

"For you princess," He had handed me a glass, to what it smelled like herbal tea. I took a small sip, my taste buds dancing in delight. Kyler took his seat next to me and nudged my shoulder.

"So this is what you've been up to all day? Seems like a waste of time." I sighed, sipping on my tea once again. "Whatever do you mean, the head servant Kyler prepared this as per usual."

"Uh-huh. Just like the sun is about to set I see." I looked to see if there was any moonlight that would be able to penetrate through. To my shock, there wasn't any place moonlight could enter.

"We must discuss our departure," Rin started. "We cannot stay here forever as sad as it is to say."

"I might have gone stir crazy if I stayed more than a few weeks with you." He clenched his shirt and placed a hand dramatically on his forehead. "You wound me, Princess!"

"I try," I smiled, taking a light sip of tea. "But I do believe we should leave by the end of this week, I have things to prepare for."

"Understandable, we'll have the elders vote on it." He turned his head and attention to the three wolves adjacent to us.

"Elder Karliah and controller of politics do we have permission to depart by the end of the week." He praised my white guardian. "Of course so long as the princess wishes."

"And you Elder Akari of agricultural and civilians, do we have your bless to leave in six moons?" His eyes darted to the black wolf, Akari's blue eyes softening on me. "So long as the princess wishes."

"And great Elder Arrow of warfare do we have your permission to leave as well." He announced, Arrow smirking to him. "Yes, you do."

"ARROW YOU DUMBASS THIS WASNT HOW WE REHEARSED IT!"

"I'M SORRY I FORGOT, WE ONLY RAN THROUGH THE SCENE ONCE!"

"FOR SHAME ELDER ARROW!! YOU HAVE MORE THEATER EXPERIENCE SO YOU SHOULD HAVE MEMORIZED YOUR LINES!"

"WELL, I WANTED TO BE THE KNIGHT!"

"I TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA BE THE KNIGHT!"

"YEAH BUT I STILL WANTED TO!"

"GROW UP YA RETARD!"

"WHY YOU LITTLE MOTHERFUCKER I SHOULD HAVE YOU HUNG AS I AM THE VILLAGE ELDER!"

"NOT UNLESS YOU GET ELDER KARLIAH TO PUT IT THROUGH DEBATE AND ELDER AKARI TO TAKE IT UP WITH THE CIVILIANS!"

"ENOUGH!" Kyler shouted, causing both arguing males to look towards him.

"Shut it side character, the big roles are talking." Arrow seethed, but honestly, I was still laughing at the cause of their argument.

"Rin?" I smiled, looking at him. He looked back at me and bowed his head. "Sorry Princess, I promise no more arguing will come of tonight. Now we sip our tea and slurp the night away."

"Thank you, Rin, for everything."

"Uh-uhuh less gratitude and more drinking!"

More of a filler chappy but I had a lot of fun writing it.