Chapter 64~ Mistake

"They're trouble but from the look of things, it' doesn't appear that they have found Naruto yet." Guy analyzed as I, Asuma, and Kurenai were scattered around a room. However, Kakashi was still passed out in the bed we surrounded. "That's what's crazy, it doesn't add up. I mean they had already infiltrated the village. It should be easy to find Naruto around here, besides Itachi knows Naruto's face already."

"Asuma shut up for a second." I told the jonin in a hushed tone, someone's approaching. From the chakra, it seems to another Uchiha. "Kakashi!"

As if on cue, the door swung open and revealed Sasuke. His eyes looked at all of us before they landed on Karliah and me. "Why is Kakashi asleep? And why is this room full of Jonin? Why is Kritanta here? What are you doing? What the hell is going on here?"

"Uhh? Not much really." Guy muttered, a smile forming on his face as he looked at the younger brother of Itachi. I heard footsteps that were rapidly approaching the door. Well, this can't be good. I immediately got up from the desk I was sitting on and raced myself to the door. "Hey is it really true that Itachi-"

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath as my hand closed over the guy's mouth. I watched as Sasuke's eyes widened at the mention of Itachi's name. I relaxed my hand from the other's mouth, knowing it was too late to stop Sasuke from knowing. "It is true he's going after Naruto?"

"Idiot." I briefly heard Kurenai utter as she looked over to the mass amount of chakra that was coming off of Sasuke's body. Without a second to spare, Sasuke pushed by me, and the ninja, and full force sprinted out the door. Guy was the first to respond by pushing himself up and following after the rage infused boy. "Ugh, why does this always have to happen!"

"Sasuke! Naruto's not in the village!" I called out as I walked calmly out into the hallway. He froze in place before he quickly pivoted and had me pinned against the wall. It had me surprised for a mere second before I let the stiffness in my body dissipate. Sometimes I forgot the amount of speed Sasuke has, it's not as fast as mine, but it is not something to be taken lightly. "Then where is he?!"

"I'm not telling you shit until you calm down." The amount of blood lust that poured out of his body was intense and would make any normal person writhe in fear. From his stance and the arm that was putting pressure on my jugular, I already knew he wasn't going to calm down through talking. "I'm not going to ask again Kritanta, where is Naruto?"

"Like you would like to know." I smirked, and in an instant, I kicked my leg up and removed his forearm from my neck and in seconds I had him against the wall. "Let me go!"

"Listen, and listen carefully." My voice becomes lowered and my canine-like teeth were on full display as I looked into his rage-filled eyes. "You are not strong enough to take on Itachi, the amount of skill and experience he has is far beyond what you could even comprehend. Not to mention the severe disadvantage you would have if you faced him while your emotions were taking control of you. Your attacks will be predictable, he'll be able to read you like an open book."

"I don't have time for this." He raged, his eyes switching to the familiar Sharingan that I have seen for far too many times today. Before I could even react he had placed me under a genjutsu, by the time I had broken myself out of the trance he was gone. "Well, at least I tried."

"Guy is following him, we just have to hope he'll calm down." Kurenai informed me as I tried to figure out what just happened. Well, I knew, but he did it a such a fast pace I hadn't been expecting, seems he hasn't slacked on his training recently.

It's barely been an hour since our encounter with the Akatsuki duo, with there speed they should be catching up with Naruto relatively soon. If Sasuke left now, and knew of Naruto's location he might make it shortly after an alleged fight breaks out.

"Kritanta?" I turn to see that Kurenai and Asuma were looking at my direction. I nodded slowly, curious, yet cautious as to what they had to say. Undoubtedly it was about what I said during the fight with Itachi and Kisame. "How much do you know of the Akatsuki?"

"I'll admit I don't know as much as I said I do during the fight. I'll wait for Kakashi to explain everything to you guys." I spoke, shaking off the lingering effects of the genjutsu. "During the fight, anything that that seemed to take Kisame off guard I took note of. In the end, I used my findings to piss him off so much that he let his guard down, most of the shit I said was a strategic bluff."

"Haha, I knew you were smart, but not this smart. You might even rival Shikamaru." Asuma let out a light laugh as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Shikamaru Nara?"

"Yeah, I am the leader of his squad." I nodded slowly, only for Asuma to speak up again. "Kakashi will be proud of what you did."

"Oh, you are so wrong. I will most likely receive an earful of how my actions were reckless my actions were and how I didn't even bring my blade." I rolled my eyes, picturing the scene where Kakashi scolds me for my part of the fight. "Honestly I'm not looking forward to when the bastard wakes up."