Chapter 12 ~Will To Survive

I walked down to be met with the old man's grandson. He looked towards me as I walked though the door. "Hi, what's your name?"

I raised an eyebrow at the question. He seemed unsure, or nervous even. "Excuse me?"

"Your name, I know Naruto's, Sakura's, even Sauske's. So you must have a name." He explained as he counted off the nin on my team.

"Alright, kid, my name is Kritanta." I crouched down to his level, to meet his black eyes. "Everyone says your mean, but you don't seem mean."

"Whatever do you mean?" I asked with a slight chuckle. I guess people thought of me as mean, good to know. "Your eyes."

"My eyes?" I asked while looking into his, they were soft, his too innocent for his own good. "Yah, there pretty, they show kindness. But you make everyone think that your not."

"Thanks, but what I have done wouldn't be considered nice. You'll find out when your older." I said with a quick ruffle of his hair. "Anyway, Inari? Was it? Where is everyone?"

"They are at the bridge, how do you know my name." He asked with wonder in his eyes. "I know a lot more than you think, I have ears everywhere. See you later kid."

I straightened up and waved slightly, letting an ever so small smile grace my lips. He beamed back at me as I waved and walked out the door. "What's going on princess?"

"Were joining the fight, that's what is happening." Chakra was intensely coming from the bridge, I did take note that Naruto's chakra was still here.

I nodded one more time towards the kid and jumped onto Karliah. "Let's get going."

Speeding away I could only hope that I would make it in time. "What's going on Princess?"

"Chakra is going crazy over there. I sense Haku, and Zabuza, Haku seems to be storing chakra for something as well." I examined with my eyes closed, focusing on the soon to be bridge. "Ice mirrors?"

"Faster Karliah!" I rushed my words, she was right. I needed to get there and fast. Her pace quickened as we neared the battlefield.

Is Uchiha scared, his body is trembling. I moved closer to see what was happening, for now the best option for me is to stay hidden.

I observed them talking, all the while there signatures were going wild. Tazuna seemed to be at a breaking point, I need to find a way to calm him down. "Alright Karliah, I need you to come from behind Haku, to give me an opening."

"Princess, that is reckless, chances of succeeding are not in our favor." She spoke in doubt. "You think I don't know that. Chances of success are 37%."

"You still want to go through with it?" I stayed silent for a moment, slowly I nodded a small look of determation made it into my face. "Yes, I didn't take Naruto into the percentage, who knows he could change the game."

"I like this more daring side of you." I rolled my eyes and dismounted the wolf. I rubbed her fur one more time before she darted to her position. I waited for the howl, which only Kakashi seemed to notice.

Haku's left shoulder tensed but relaxed after the howling seized. Now was an great opportunity, if Karliah strikes while Haku is relaxed it raises the chances by at least 0.06%. I sprung into action pulling Tazuna away from Haruno and quickly doing a few handsigns.

"Lightning style; Lightning cage!" I looked over the side of the bridge, below us was the raging water crashing onto the land below us. Lightning surrounded Tazuna, I looked over at Haruno and nodded.

On cue Karliah, jumped, catching Haku almost by surprise. He was so caught up by what was on front of him that Karliah magaged to get in a small scratch on his relaxed shoulder. It didn't succeed, however it wasn't a total failure.

I watched as Uchiha almost rivaled Haku's speed. So, Haku has a rival now. While in training Zabuza never actually let me spar with him, I have only ever seen him in action once. As being one of the seven swords men, Zabuza has a high price over his head. A couple of rogues had tried to kill Zabuza during one of our training sessions. Haku was the one who brought them to their knees.

I unsheathed my sword, the next thing one could hear was the sound of metal clashing between one another. My hold on Zabuza's block was strong, his weak point lied in his legs. I whistled and Karliah swooped his back leg up, allowing my to be above him as he fell to one knee. I pushed harder, not willing to lose the upper hand I had gained. Kakashi was coming in from behind to try and punch Zabuza. As we both went in the so called Zabuza melted into water.

"Sorry kid in order for you to think it was that easy. Makes me ashamed to call you my prodigy." He smirked as his sword was dragging behind him. "Who ever said I was your prodigy, according to me I belong to know one expect myself."

My tone was harsh, it sounded rasp but every word I said was only trying to convince myself. Is that what Orchimaru thought? Was I only a weapon he was able to tame and call his. Or was I just a lab subject that made a prodigy with a bursting heart, slowly cripple into one with no heart left.

I felt anger boil inside me, out of all the emotions, anger is my favorite. Why? It makes me stronger.

I pushed off my left foot our swords clashing against one another. Kakashi was also doing the same, he was throwing Zabuza out of balance with punches and kicks. I have mastered Zabuza's stances and form, the one thing I have over Zabuza right now is the will power to survive.

Survive, a simple word that I have engraved into my mind. Since I was young my father told me to survive so the Astara could thrive. Survive, so I could live another experiment. Survive, to get stronger and destroy those in my path. Survive, so I might see my family. Survive to show I can't be defeated. I never survived for myself, I have survived for others to use me. Never once have I truly lived.