{Josie meets some random woman}

February 7 2008

"Good morning, Miss Stark, it's seven AM, the weather in Malibu is seventy-two degrees with scattered clouds. The surf conditions are fair, with waist to shoulder-high lines and high tide will be at ten fifty-two AM."

Josie groans, as the blinds opened and the early morning sunlight flooded in.

"What the heck, J.A.R.V.I.S, it's early, why you hassling me?", she asks.

"Your father is leaving for Afghanistan soon, he wishes to see you in his workshop before he departs.", J.A.R.V.I.S tells her.

"Oh, okay.", she shrugs, then hauls herself out of bed.

As Josie pads out of her room, a woman wanders down the corridor, wearing one of Tony's shirts and looking lost.

Another one? Really?

"Well, if it isn't the famous Joselyn Stark.", the woman says, when she sees Josie in her pink, sparkly, Barbie pyjamas.

"Um, hi.", Josie looks her up and down, gives her a dirty glare, then goes downstairs as quick as she can.

Pepper is waiting for the woman, so that she can give one of her usual, 'Mr Stark is a very busy man', speeches.

"Good morning, Josie.", Pepper greets her cheerily.

"Morning, Pep.", Josie grumbles, continuing down the stairs to her father's workshop, "Good luck.", she says to Pepper, signalling to the random woman..

Pepper nods, as Josie disappears down the stairs. She finds Tony messing with one of his cars and blasting music. When he hears the door open, he spins around in his seat and grins.

"There's my favourite daughter!", he opens his arms for him to hug her.

"I can't hear you!", she shouts over the music.

"I said, there's my favourite daughter!", he repeats himself.

"The music's too loud, I still don't know what you're saying! J.A.R.V.I.S, turn it down a bit, would you?", she yells, the music quietens to a faint hum in the background, Josie sighs, "Much better. What were you saying?"

"Well, I was saying you're my favourite daughter, but since you turned my music down, I'm not so sure anymore.", he teases.

"Got to say, out of all one of my fathers, you're my least favourite.", she flashes a cheeky smile, then bursts out laughing, "Where are you going today?"

"Afghanistan, for a weapons demonstration.", he says.

"Can I come?", she does her big puppy-dog eyes and walks right up to him.

He lifts up the tiny girl and sits her on his knee, "Let me think about that, no."

"Why not?", she crosses her arms and tries to look angry.

"Because, it's a weapons demonstration full of grumpy old men, and it would be unprofessional of me to bring my daughter. Besides, I don't want you in Afghanistan, I'm fairly sure that's one of the last places on Earth I would want you to be.", he explains.

"Do you have to go? I don't like it when you leave.", she whines.

"Jellybean, I'm only going for a day and a half. I'll be back before you know it."

"Are you sure you'll be back in time for my dance recital, at school?", she asks.

"Of course, Joy, I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll bring you a present back with me, as usual.", he assures her.