{Josie meets the battle of New York}

August 16 2012

After Tony flies off, Josie's left alone, she runs up to the window and watches as aliens pour out of a gaping hole in the sky. Though she should really run for her life, all she can do is stand, staring wide-eyed at the situation in front of her.

Out of nowhere, another long-haired guy lands on the balcony, holding a hammer. Why is he holding a hammer? The two long-haired fellas start yelling at each other, then Loki leaps at the blondie and they begin fighting. Loki sends a blast towards the blonde one, which he deflects with his hammer. The blast hits the 'K' of the 'STARK' sign, sending it tumbling to the ground.

Josie peers out the window at the sign, "Star, huh.", she says.

A quinjet flies up and shoots Loki, but he lifts his scepter and blasts them back, knocking the jet down. Just after that, a big, flying, metal crocodile-looking thing flies down from the sky and aliens jump out from it. When Josie looks back at the two people fighting on the balcony, Loki is rolling off the edge, before landing on one of the flying aliens and soaring off into the distance. Blondie holds out his hand and the hammer comes to him, then he spins it around and flies off, smashing the 'R' on 'STARK' as he goes.

At first, she's shocked, but she just sighs, "I'm not even surprised at this point.", then she looks at the poor sign, "Sta.", she mutters. She gawps at the window for a while longer, not much is happening on Stark Tower. Until that is, half a wrecked alien vehicle comes hurtling into the building, knocking down the 'T'. "Sa. Justice for the sign.", she shakes her head.

Loki tumbles onto the balcony; as he sits up and collects himself, a big green blur knocks him backward, shattering the window. Josie jumps out of the way, just in time to avoid getting hit too.

"Holy shit! The Hulk is in my living room!", she exclaims, with a grin, as the big green man-beast lumbers towards Loki.

Loki stands up, "Enough!", he yells, "You are all of you beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature! And I will not be bullied by a-", he's cut off, as the Hulk grabs him and swings him back and forth, smashing him into the ground, like he's a ragdoll.

"Puny god.", Hulk sneers, as he walks away.

Josie snickers and Hulk grins at her, "Go save the world!", she calls after him, as he leaps off the edge of the building. Loki lets out a quiet whimpering whine from his heap on the floor, Josie glares at him, "Stop crying, Mother Gothel.", she rolls her eyes.

"Miss Stark, your father is calling.", J.A.R.V.I.S says.

"Oh, uh, why? Nevermind, just put him on."

"Hey, Jellybean.", Tony's voice comes through the speakers in the apartment, though the line is breaking up.

"Hi, is everything... okay?", she asks.

"Joy, just remember, I love yo-", he's cut off, as the line breaks up, then the call ends.

Confused, she looks out the window, and sees Iron Man flying straight upwards, skimming the wall of the tower. It looks like he's holding something- is that a missile? She runs out onto the balcony, as fast as her little legs will carry her. Looking up just in time to see Iron Man disappear into the gaping hole in the sky.

"Dad? Dad!", she yells, aimlessly, since he's in space.

Just a few seconds after Tony disappears, the hole begins to close and Josie falls to her knees. There's no sign of Tony coming back through, as the tear in the atmosphere grows smaller and smaller. Just as it seems there's no hope, a tiny figure comes hurtling back down towards Earth. She jumps back up, but her heart catches again when he doesn't slow down. Out of nowhere, the Hulk plucks him out of midair. He slows himself down on the side of a building, then leaps to the floor. Relieved, Josie sighs, and looks out at the carnage that is New York City.

"Josie?", a familiar voice says.

Josie spins around and sees... "Natalie?", she looks her up and down, "What's with the onesie? And what's with the... being here?"

"Your dad didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Well... My name's actually Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, and I'm a trained assassin working for S.H.I.E.L.D and I'm part of the Avengers Initiative.", Nat explains.

"So you're like... a ginger ninja?", Josie asks, trying to stifle a giggle.

"Never call me that again. Ever.", Nat says.

"Sorry.", Josie apologizes quickly.

Ten or so minutes later, the rest of the Avengers come up to the apartment; they gather around Loki, as he tries to crawl away.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.", Loki says.

Quickly, he turns around, trying to get away, but sees Josie stood behind him, holding up a gun, "Not so fast, magic man."

And so it's over, the battle. Things are only just getting started for Josie and the Avengers. But, for now, it's over, and she's fine with that.