{Josie meets Monaco}

May 27 2010

"So, Mr. 'nobody can ever see Josie's face' is now taking her to Monaco with him?", Pepper glares daggers at Tony, as she sits in the back of the car with the two Starks.

"It's nothing, Happy is looking after her in a hotel room, nobody will see her. She deserves to get out of Malibu for once in a while. Life is short, I want to spend it with my daughter.", he says.

"Well, you'll probably spend it in the bar or in someone else's hotel room. The sentiment is nice though.", says Josie.

"Just be happy I let you come.", Tony raises his eyebrows.

The car comes to a stop, "Alright, take care of her, Hap. I'll send you up something to eat. Love you.", he kisses her on the forehead and ruffles her hair, then goes to get out of the car.

"Wait, Dad.", he stops, "Why did you change your mind?"

"Because I'm Tony Stark.", he smirks, then gets out of the car and closes the door quickly.

Happy drives to the car park in the hotel, then he and Josie sneak to a hotel room. Josie runs up to the window straight away and stares at the turquoise, glistening ocean. Below them, the streets are buzzing with excited crowds and fancy cars arriving. Happy switches on the TV, ready for when the race starts.

"You excited?", Happy asks.

"Yeah! I don't really know how racing works, but I'm just happy to not be in Malibu anymore."

"Oh, I can't imagine what you're going through. It must be awful to be cramped up in a multimillion-dollar mansion, that's always sunny, with a view of the ocean.", he says sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes and giggles, "It's just nice to have a change of scenery."

"Well, you deserve a break, kid. After putting up with your dad for so long.", he jokes.

"It's been tough, but I've worked through it. Can we turn on the TV now?", she grabs the remote and switches the TV on.

"Bienvenue au Grand Prix, ici sous le soleil de Monaco.", somebody on the TV says.

"You're kidding. It's in French.", Happy takes the remote, but before he can switch it to English, a familiar face pops up.

"What's he doing?", Josie asks, as Tony walks onto the race track, fully geared up to drive, "He better not drive."

Tony walks up to the camera, "Well what's the use of having and owning a race car if you don't drive it.", he says. Then, the commentator starts talking in French again, as Tony gets into the car, leaving a very upset, professional race car driver.

"Holy shit! I've got to get down there!", Happy jumps up and runs over to the pile of Josie and Tony's luggage. He pulls out a gold and red metal case, then turns to Josie, "Uh, don't go anywhere."

She gets up and races to the door, "I'm coming with you."

"No, you're not.", he declares.

"Yes, I am.", she insists.

"We don't have time for this, Josie. Your dad will literally kill me.", Happy opens the door.

"Not if he gets killed trying to drive a race car first, or if I kill him first.", she says.

Happy gives her an annoyed look, then sighs and keeps hurrying down the corridor, "No time to argue that now. Go straight to the car, I'll grab Pepper and be right there.", he tosses her the keys, then rushes towards the bar, where Pepper is.