{Josie meets her dad's suit}

June 17 2008

"He said, hey sister it's really, really nice to-, Hey Pepper! I just met this five-foot-seven guy who's just my type.", Josie sings, as she walks down the stairs with her headphones plugged into her iPad, "Like the way he's speaking, his confidence is peaking.", she pushes the door to Tony's lab open, "Don't like his baggy jeans but I'ma like wha...", she trails off, as she sees a weird robot man in her dad's workshop.

"Don't finish those lyrics.", the robot says, except it's Tony's voice.

"Dad?", she asks.

"Hey, Jellybean.", he laughs.

"I've never seen The Terminator, but this is what I picture in my head.", she says.

"Wanna see something cool?", he asks.

"With you, I'm not sure I do."

"It was rhetorical. J.A.R.V.I.S, why don't you do a weather and ATC check? Start listening in on ground control.", he says.

"Dad, what are you doing?", Josie asks.

"Flying.", he answers, simply.

"You what? Please don't do that. I don't want Obadiah to adopt me after I'm orphaned. Maybe you should leave flying to... not you."

"J.A.R.V.I.S, Joy! Sometimes, you've got to run before you can walk. Ready? In three, two, one.", he hovers above the ground then flies up the tunnel and out the house.

"That's not how the saying goes!", Josie yells after him. "Why do I even bother?", she sighs, then runs up the tunnel after him. She sprints out onto the driveway, and the warm Malibu wind hits her face. A silver figure soars around the sky, he goes higher, and higher, and higher, and lower, and lower. Oh no. He's falling. He's definitely falling. "Dad!", she screams, "Dad!". Then, all of a sudden, he slows down and starts flying again. He disappears into the city, and she heads back inside. Just as she wanders down the tunnel, there's a crash from the garage, and she sees Tony lying on his, now crumpled, car, with a gaping hole in the roof above him.

"That looked cool, right, Jellybean?", he groans.

"Eh. I've seen cooler.", she shrugs and walks off upstairs, just to annoy him.

Later that night, Tony is sat in his workshop, trying to fix the icing problem with his suit, "Notes. Main transducer is feeling sluggish at plus forty altitude. Hull pressurization is problematic. I'm thinking icing is the probable factor."

"A very astute observation, sir.", J.A.R.V.I.S says, "Perhaps if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystems."

"Other planets?", Josie asks, as she walks into the lab with a cup of coffee for Tony.

"How nice of you to join me, after you insulted my flying."

"So rude, even after I brought you coffee. Anyway, I'd say it was twenty-five percent flying, seventy percent falling and five percent looking like an idiot.", she puts the mug on his desk and smirks.

"Thank you. Means a lot to me.", he says, sarcastically, she flops down on the couch and turns on the TV, "I swear to god if you start watching Spongebob right now."

As the theme song starts playing, she immediately switches the channel, "I would never."

"Connect to the sys. co. Have it reconfigure the shell metals. Use the gold titanium alloy from the seraphim tactical satellite. That should ensure a fuselage integrity while maintaining power-to-weight ratio. Got it?"

"Yes. Shall I render using proposed specifications?", J.A.R.V.I.S asks.

"Thrill me."

"Science, am I right?", Josie rolls her eyes, then turns her attention back to the TV, where the news is playing, they're covering some fancy gala.

"Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A's high society.", the reporter says.

"Tony Stark skipping his own or any party? Never thought I'd live to see the day.", Josie raises her eyebrows at Tony.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, we get an invite for that?", he asks.

"I have no record of an invitation, sir."

"Tony Stark himself hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference. Some claim he's suffering from post-traumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks. Other inside sources say he's refusing to speak to his daughter, Joselyn, as she hasn't been sighted in public since before his disappearance."

"Oh no, Pepper snitched on us.", Josie jokes.

"Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from him tonight.", the reporter continues.

Tony holds the faceplate from his suit up to his face and grins, "Don't you get any ideas, you're not going.", Josie gets off the couch and walks over to him.

"The render is complete.", J.A.R.V.I.S says and shows a shiny, gold suit on the screen.

"What do you think, Joy?", he asks.

"It looks like an Oscar trophy.", she tells him, shaking her head.

"Yeah, little ostentatious, don't you think?", he agrees.

"What was I thinking? You're usually so discreet.", J.A.R.V.I.S says sarcastically.

Tony tilts his head, looking at the suit; he looks at his wrist, he's still wearing the red and gold bracelet Josie made him. "Tell you what. Throw a little hot-rod red in there."

"Yes, that should help you keep a low profile. The render is complete."

"That's the one. I do have amazing taste, don't I?", she grins.

"Hey, I like it. Fabricate it. Paint it."

"Commencing automated assembly. Estimated completion time is five hours."

"Don't wait up for me, honey.", Tony gets up.

"Dad! Where are you going?", Josie asks, as he walks out.

"The gala, duh.", he says.

"Ugh! Do we have to?", she whines.

"We aren't going. I'm going. On my own."

"What? Why can't I come?"

"Weren't you just whining about not wanting to go?", he gives her a funny look.

"Yeah, but now I know you don't want me to come, I want to know why."

"Like I told you when I first got back, I don't want your face in the press. I'll get Happy to come over and watch you.", he starts to walk up to his room.

"I wanted to watch a film with you.", she crosses her arms.

"What film? The Spongebob Movie?", he chuckles.

"I don't like Spongebob that much!", she exclaims.

"Yeah, yeah.  Keep lying to yourself.", he smirks and she frowns at him, "You can order as much food as you want whilst I'm gone. Make yourself sick, Jellybean."

This cheers her up, "Okay.", she grins and goes to the sofa.

Ten minutes later, he comes back downstairs in a tux, "How do I look?", he asks.

"Good,", she says, "for your standards.", she adds on the end.

"Thanks, Jellybean. You're so kind to me."

"I know I am. Some would say too kind. Have a good night!", she calls after him, as he heads down to the garage.

"You too! Love you!", he says, then disappears into the garage.