{Josie meets forged signatures}

Present day

A week after the fight and sneaking out incident, Tony still hadn't found out about the sneaking out, and still hadn't really spoken to Josie. He stayed mostly locked in his lab unless he was getting food or going to his bedroom, and Josie stayed in her room unless she was getting food or going to school. They briefly crossed paths every couple of days, and the interaction would go something like this:

Josie walks into the kitchen, realizes Tony's there, and turns to leave. Unfortunately for her, he's already noticed her presence, "You go to school today?", he asks.

"Yep.", she nods awkwardly.

"Good."

"Okay.", she leaves and comes back for food fifteen minutes later.

End interaction.

Things between the Starks aren't exactly fantastic, and it's already the day of the field trip. There was no chance of Tony signing her permission slip and the morning before the trip when a plan came to her. It would have been a bit suspicious if Tony Stark's signature was on her permission slip anyway. David Smith, or whatever her fake dad is called, doesn't have a signature. Yet.

She walks into the kitchen. Great. He's here.

"School today?", he asks.

"Yep.", she nods awkwardly.

She grabs a couple of slices of bread and puts them in the toaster, then they both just stand there in silence.

Pepper comes in and breaks the tension, "Morning guys."

"Morning.", they both mumble.

She kisses Tony, then turns to Josie, "So, anything interesting going on at school today?", she asks.

"Not for me, just classes. Would be on a field trip, but I wouldn't want to get murdered.", Josie side-eye glares at Tony.

"Oh, so now you want to speak to me!", he throws his hands up in the air.

"I wasn't talking to you! I was trying to have a conversation with Pepper!"

"Well, it was obviously a dig at me! Most parents wouldn't let their kids speak to them like that!", he yells.

"And that's my fault? If you'd actually do something with me, instead of just pretending I'm not here anytime my existence is inconvenient, maybe I wouldn't have to yell at you to get your attention!"

"So, just blame this on me? I think you need to sort out your attitude!", he shouts.

"Really? You're the one with the attitude problem! God, I hate you. I'm going to school.", she storms out and immediately regrets saying it.

Pepper stands there, gawping at everything that just happening, "Uh- Josie, you forget your toast!"

"I don't care!", she still doesn't turn around, "Sorry, Pepper, that was rude!"

"Oh, so now you care about being rude!", Tony joins in.

"Can you just shut up for two seconds?", she yells, then slams the door behind her.

* * * * *

"Okay, everyone on the bus.", Mr. Harrington says, "MJ, Richard, Chris, Flash, Luke, Ned, Dave, Liz, Peter and..."

"I'm here! I'm here, with a signed permission slip.", Josie runs up to the bus and hands the slip to Mr. Harrington.

"Just in time, Josie. Get on the bus quickly."

She climbs onto the bus and catches Peter's eye, he smiles and waves, "I saved you a seat."

She sits down next to him, "Hiya, Pea Pod."

"Hey, Jos. So, you made up with your dad?", he asks.

"No, he doesn't know I'm on this trip. I may have forged his signature.", she laughs a little.

"You sound upset.", he says.

"You know me well, especially since you only met me like a week and a half ago." I trust you though. Basically, I got into an argument with my dad before school. It got out of hand and ended in me telling him I hate him, then yelling 'Shut up!', slamming the door, and going to school. Now here I am.", she explains.

"Harsh."

"I know, I'm a horrible person. I'm so mad at him for being stubborn, when I'm doing exactly that. What would you do if you were me?", she asks.

"I- Uh- I'd probably talk to him, I find that helpful, usually."

"You're right. If I take some of the blame for the situation, we can work things out and have a healthier relationship. You know, you're good at advice. You ever thought about a career as a life coach or a therapist? You'd be good at it.", she smiles.

"Thanks? I think.", he laughs.

"Alright everybody, just this morning, I received a call telling me that our trip has been upgraded! We are no longer going to the museum, we are now getting an exclusive tour of the one and only... Stark Tower!", he does jazz hands towards the window, as the bus pulls to a stop outside the tower.

"That sneaky little, two-faced...", Josie mutters but trails off, "Yeah, I'm never talking my issues out."

"Alright, everybody off!", Mr. Harrington ushers them off the bus.

Peter and Josie climb off last, Peter looks pale as a ghost, whereas Josie looks ready to murder someone. They all walk through the revolving doors, into the reception, and up to one of the front desks.

"Can I help you?", a receptionist asks, in a very monotone voice.

"Um, we're Midtown High, here for a tour of the tower.", Mr. Harrington says.

"Midtown High?", the receptionist asks, "Could you spell that for me?"

"Uh- Sure. Okay. M-I-D-T-O-", he begins.

"There they are!", an all too familiar voice cuts him off, "Midtown High School!", they all turn around so they're face-to-face with the man, "I'm Tony Stark, as you probably all already knew. I'm going to be taking you on this tour today, and I just can't wait to get talking to some of you all about why we're here.", he locks eyes with Josie, "Alright, let's get this show on the road!"

This is never going to end well...