{Josie meets being alone in a crowded room}

Present Day

The moonlight glimmers off the rose-gold silk of her dress, as she waves to Tony, though she can't see him wave back through the blacked-out windows. Taking a deep breath, she spins around on her heel, so she's facing the school, and tilts her chin upwards. Holding her head high, she walks up the steps and through the doors. Down the corridors, she smiles politely at everyone she passes, who all rack their brains to know if they recognize this mysterious girl- after all, she's only been at the school for a few weeks.

She gets to the glass doors into the hall and pushes them open, stepping into the stench of sweat and fruit punch. That's homecoming for you, I guess. Immediately, MJ spots her and sticks her middle finger, smiling. Josie blows a kiss to her and walks over, grinning.

"Wow, MJ, I didn't realize you owned more than one outfit.", she jokes, "Seriously though, you look so nice."

"Thanks, you don't brush up too bad yourself. For real, that dress is... fancy.", MJ says.

She looks down at her outfit, "My stepmom picked it out for me, I'm glad she didn't pick something pink. Well... too pink. I feel like a princess."

"Actually, royals can't wear skirts above the knee.", MJ corrects.

She laughs and rolls her eyes, "I'd be surprised if you didn't come out with something like that."

They both go silent for a few seconds, "So, did you and Peter get into an argument?"

"Something like that."

"Shame, you two would have made a cute couple.", MJ says.

"Uh, we- We were never going to-", Josie stammers.

"Well, you kissed him, didn't you? Deny it all you want, I know love when I see it.", says MJ casually.

"That was really deep coming from you.", Josie gives her a funny look.

"Yeah, never again.", she shakes her head, "Did you know annually three kids in New York die at homecoming?"

"Wowzers. What a weird thing for you to know. Hopefully not me.", she laughs.

"Well, I wouldn't be that fussed.", MJ shrugs, "Kidding!", she adds on the end, "Kind of."

At that moment, Josie notices Peter enter, he looks as if he's about to wet himself. He still looks good though. The little suit, the rose tucked in the pocket. Cute. He walks towards Liz, in a daze. 

Josie watches, as he walks towards Liz. As he walks towards her. Has his eyes set on her. His breath hitches for her. Not for Josie.

Josie shouldn't care. No, she shouldn't. But she does. She really does. She bites her lip, she didn't think she'd care this much. Boy was she wrong.

As Peter walks over to Liz, she turns around, "Hey.", Liz smiles, "What'd he say to you?"

He doesn't stop though, he keeps walking, without a word to Liz. He walks straight past her, and Josie realizes his eyes weren't locked on Liz, they were locked on her.

Immediately, she straightens but tries to play off her nerves. As if fate itself is pulling them together, the song changes to 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran. Illuminati confirmed. Why are they playing slow songs? The party only just started.

"Uh- J- Josie, you- You're- Uh-", Peter stammers.

"Peter.", she breathes, as he steps closer.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I wanted to-"