{Josie meets school}

{Present day}

"Hi, I'm Josie, Josie Smith."

"Josie, it's lovely to meet you. Welcome to Midtown School of Science and Technology. I'm Principal Nixon.", she shakes Josie's hand.

"Nice to meet you.", Josie shifts from side-to-side on her feet.

"Well, Josie, I'll show you to your locker and your classroom.", Principal Nixon says, Josie nods and the principal begins to lead her down the corridor, "So, you've been home-schooled up until now?"

"Yeah, my dad can be a little... overprotective. It took a lot of convincing to let him let me come to high school.", Josie explains.

"Well, at least one of our students want to be here.", jokes Principal Nixon, "So this is your locker, number three-hundred and twenty-seven." she hands Josie a piece of paper, "There's your combination, you can dump all your unneeded textbooks and stuff in there right now, if you want."

"Okay.", Josie unlocks the locker and empties most of the contents of her backpack into it.

As Josie closes the locker, Principal Nixon begins walking down the corridor again, so Josie follows, "Are you interested in science and technology?", Principal Nixon asks.

"No, not really. I'm quite good at it, but I'm more into sports. My dad is into science though, so I think that's why he chose to send me here.", Josie shrugs.

"Has he got a career in science?", she asks.

Oh shit. Stop talking about your dad, Josie! What are you supposed to say now? Oh yeah, he has a job, he's Iron Man. No!

"Yeah, um, he works at Stark Industries. Research division, I believe.", Josie lies.

What are you talking about, Josie? Stark Industries doesn't even have a research division. I don't think. She doesn't know that. Act natural. Jesus Christ, you're a mess, Josie.

"Oh, that sounds very interesting! Have you ever met Tony Stark?", she asks.

"Yeah, briefly.", Josie shrugs, "I've said 'hi' to him once or twice."

"Hmm, oh, this is your classroom.", she pushes open a door and they walk into a room, full of kids around Josie's age, chatting and laughing.

They all go silent and stare at Josie, "Hi, Principal Nixon.", the teacher says.

"Hi, Miss Warren. This is our new student, Josie Smith. I hope you'll give her a warm, Midtown High welcome.", Principal Nixon smiles.

Josie looks out at all the kids, all deciding whether they want to be friends with this new girl or not.

Josie doesn't want a warm Midtown High welcome. I don't know what a warm Midtown High welcome is. Oh my god, it might be like in Glee- she's going to get slushied. Or what if they sing to her, like in High School Musical- that would be embarrassing. Oh god, they better not do a Heathers and murder me. What if it's actually like Mean Girls, she's wearing pink and it's not a Wednesday, oh god. Stop overthinking, Josie. You're embarrassing yourself.

When Josie snaps back to reality, Principal Nixon is gone and the teacher is talking to her.

"So, Josie, do you want to tell us a little bit about yourself?", she asks.

"Um, hi, I'm Josie. I just moved here from, um, Malibu.", not really a lie, give or take five years, "I've been home-schooled for most of my life, um, yeah.", Josie waves awkwardly.

"Well, Josie, since you've joined mid-semester, seats have already been assigned.", Miss Warren says, "The only free seats are next to Flash,", she points to a boy in the second row, he winks at Josie. Ew, not him, "or Peter.", she points to a boy on the third row. He looks up and awkwardly waves.