{Josie meets flying}

June 7 2008

"Do you have to blast Spongebob in my workshop constantly?", Tony asks.

Josie is sprawled on the couch in the corner, in her pyjamas, eating a popsicle, "Yes. Where else would I blast it?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe one of the other fifty TVs we have in this house, or you could watch it on your iPad in any other room.", he crosses his arms and tilts his head at her.

"Not the same as down here. The vibes are fantastic, you doing whatever it is you're doing, J.A.R.V.I.S constantly insulting you, Dum-E getting on your nerves.", she giggles.

"I miss the days when this was my private workshop, before it was hijacked by the residents of Bikini Bottom.", he puts on a sort of metal arm guard he's been working on, "Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"As you always say, 'Einstein slept three hours a year.'", she notices his metal arm thing and takes interest, she hops of the couch to look at what he's doing, "What'ya making?"

"Toast."

"Funny. What are you actually making?", she tries to peer at the invention, but she'd shorter tan the table. So she clambers onto the work desk and sits on it.

"Feel free to sit on my work desk.", he says, sarcastically. She gives him a cheeky grin, but before she can ask anymore questions, Pepper walks in, "My saviour from the endless stream of questions.", Tony says, Josie rolls her eyes. He turns back to his work, "Up two. All right, set that."

"I've been buzzing you. Did you hear the intercom?", Pepper asks.

"No, because I couldn't hear anything over Spongebob Squarepants.", he glares at Josie.

"Obadiah's upstairs."

"Great!", he exclaims.

"Ugh, not Obadiah. He's so creepy.", Josie whines.

"Joselyn Stark, you've known Obadiah your entire life. Would you stop being so rude to him? He's always looked out for you and he hasn't done anything to hurt this family."

"Not that you can prove.", Josie mumbles.

"Give him a break, okay?"

"Whatever."

"Great. I'll be right up.", Tony says.

"What would you like me to tell him?", asks Pepper.

He lifts up the arm and aims it at the wall, "Okay."

"I thought you said you were done making weapons.", Pepper says.

"Well, I'm not surprised. None of us actually believed you.", Josie tells him.

"Wow. Thanks for believing in me, sweetheart.", he says sarcastically, "This isn't a weapon, it's a flight stabilizer. It's completely harmless."

"Oh. That's boring. Wait, like for flying?", Josie asks, the machine powers up and blasts Tony backwards, "Okay, that is cool."

"I didn't expect that.", he groans.

Josie bursts out laughing, "You should use that more often!", she giggles.

"Zip it, Jellybean.", he says, as he starts to push himself up.

"I'll be upstairs, don't leave me on my own with Obadiah for too long.", Pepper says, walking out.

"Because he's weird, creepy and might murder her.", whispers Josie.

"If you don't let that go, I'll flight stabilizer you in a minute.", he warns. He takes off the flight stabilizer and walks towards the door, "Come on."

"You want me to come because it's harder to murder three people than two.", she mutters.

"What was that?", he asks.

"Nothing.", she catches up to him and walks up the stairs behind him.

Upstairs, Obadiah is sat playing piano, psychopath move, "How'd it go?", Tony asks, Obadiah looks up but doesn't reply, "It went that bad, huh?"

"Just because I brought pizza back from New York, doesn't mean it went bad.", Obadiah says.

Tony opens up the box, "Uh-huh. Sure doesn't. Oh, boy."

"It would have gone better if you were there."

"Uh-uh. You told me to lay low. That's what I've been doing. I lay low and you take care of all the.."

"Boring stuff.", Josie finishes his sentence.

"Hey, come on. In public, the press. This was a board of directors meeting."

"This was a board of directors meeting?", Tony asks.

"The board is claiming you have post traumatic stress. They're filing an injunction.", Obadiah explains.

"A what?", Tony asks.

"They want to lock you out."

"Why, because the stocks dipped forty points? We knew that was gonna happen."

"Fifty six and a half.", Pepper corrects him.

"It doesn't matter.", Tony's getting angry now.

"Totally.", Josie tries to act like she knows what's going on.

"We own the controlling interest in the company.", says Tony.

"Hell yeah we do!", says Josie.

Everyone completely ignores her, "Tony, the board has rights too. They're making the case that you and your new direction isn't in the company's best interest."

"I'm being responsible! That's a new direction? For me...", yells Tony.

"Yes.", Josie says.

"For the company. I mean, me on the company's behalf being responsible for the way that... This is great.", he grabs the pizza and storms off towards his workshop.

"Oh, come on. Tony. Tony.", Obadiah calls after him.

"I'll be in the shop."

"Hey, hey! Hey, Tony, listen! I'm trying to turn this thing around, but you got to give me something. Something to pitch 'em. Let me have the engineers analyse that.", Obadiah points to Tony's arc reactor, "You know, draw up some specs."

"No."

"It'll give me a bone to throw the boys in New York!", Obadiah argues.

"No. Absolutely not. This one stays with me. That's it, Obie. Forget it.", Tony delcares.

Obadiah takes the pizza back, "All right, well this stays with me, then. Go on, here. You can have a piece. Take two."

"Thank you.", Tony takes a couple of slices, then turns his back on Obadiah and walks away.

"You mind if I come down there and see what you're doing?", Obadiah asks.

"Goodnight, Obie.", Tony disappears down the stairs.

Obadiah turns back to Josie, who is trying to sneak out of the room as quick as possible, "Joselyn, do you know what he's up to down there?"

"Um, no?", she lies.

"Come on, you were just down there. I'm trying to help out your dad here."

"It's, uh, past my bedtime, Got to go!", and with that, she disappears upstairs.