{Josie meets the Stark Expo}

May 25 2010

"Are you excited to watch, Jellybean?", Tony asks.

"Would have rather watched in person.", she says.

"You know I want you to be here to watch, but you also know you can't be here."

"I mean, I could be. It's your decision to not let me go.", she mumbles.

"We're not getting into that right now.", he says.

"Okay, I'm turning the TV on now.", she tells him.

"We're over the drop zone.", someone says in the background.

"Alright, I've got to go, but make sure to watch out for me on the TV."

"I think you'd be quite hard to miss.", she laughs.

"Thank you. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay, good luck!", she says, whilst flopping down onto the sofa.

"Love you, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Love you too, see you!", she hangs up, puts the phone back in its place in the kitchen, and turns on the TV.

ACDC starts blasting out of the TV, the song choice isn't much of a surprise, given that it's Tony Stark we're dealing with. About twenty dancers in tiny, red and gold bikini-things dance on the stage, also not really a surprise, given that it's Tony Stark we're dealing with. Josie grabs her bowl of popcorn and settles in to watch the show. Out of nowhere, Iron Man lands on the stage and the crowd goes wild. He tosses his hands out to the sides and soaks up the attention. A bunch of robot arms come out of the stage and start taking his suit off for him, the facepiece and he grins at the roaring crowd. The music stops and all the girls pose around him, as the crowd chants his name.

All the girls walk off stage and he claps, "Oh, it's good to be back. You missed me?", he turns to face the crowd.

"Blow something up!", someone in the crowd yells.

"I missed you too. Blow something up? I already did that. I'm not saying that the world is enjoying its longest period of uninterrupted peace in years because of me. I'm not saying that from the ashes of captivity, never has a greater phoenix metaphor been personified in human history. I'm not saying that Uncle Sam can kick back on a lawn chair, sipping on an iced tea, because I haven't come across anyone who's man enough to go toe-to-toe with me on my best day.", Tony starts, the crowd whoops and starts chanting his name again.

"I love you, Tony!", a woman in the crowd screams.

"Please, it's not about me. It's not about you. It's not even about us. It's about legacy. It's about what we choose to leave behind for future generations. And that's why, for the next year, and for the first time since nineteen seventy-four, the best and brightest men and woman of nations and corporations the world over will pool their resources together, share their collective vision, to leave behind a brighter future. It's not about us. Therefore, what I'm saying if I'm saying anything, is welcome back to the Stark Expo. And now, making a special guest appearance from the great beyond to tell you what it's all about, please welcome my father, Howard.", he turns and walks off the stage, as Josie's grandpa comes up on the screen behind him.

At this point, Josie decides to tune out of the show, she was only watching to see her dad. She walks over to the landline in the kitchen, since she's nine and Tony won't let her have her own cell phone yet, and puts in Tony's number.

"I just watched you on the TV!", she tells him.

"What did you think?", he asks.

"If Tony Stark bought a small town and hosted a festival, it would look like that. Probably because that's what actually happened."

"So, you loved it?"

"Of course I loved it!", she giggles.

"Well, you are my harshest critic.", he says, "Get to bed soon. Love you, Jellybean."

"Love you too, don't get into any trouble.", she warns.

"Shouldn't I be the one to tell you that?"

"It's you, come on."

He chuckles, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight.", she says, then hangs up, "Well, J.A.R.V.I.S, I guess it's just us two for the night."