{Josie meets emotional trauma}

February 7 2008

Tony speeds through Malibu with the roof down. Josie sits in the passenger seat, with the wind whipping through her long, chestnut hair. She squeals with excitement and giggles loudly. Tony glances over at her and he can't help but grin at his little Joy. Happy drives behind them as quick as he can, but there's no way he can keep up with Tony's driving. Eventually, they pull to a sudden stop at the airport and Tony hops out the car, picking up Josie and carrying her out the car.

"I can walk, I'm six.", Josie says.

"Well soon you'll be too big for me to carry. I'm making the most of it whilst I still can.", he tells her.

Rhodey is stood on the steps to the plane, with his arms folded, glaring at Tony.

"Please tell me you're not bringing Josie.", he says.

"No, I'm not that bad at parenting. She just wanted to say goodbye to me.", he explains, as Happy pulls into the airport, "You're good! Oh, we thought we lost you back there.", he laughs.

"You did, sir. I had to cut across Mulholland.", Happy says.

"Ahh, I got you. I got you.", Tony nods, then puts Josie down, "I've got to go now, Jellybean. I'll be back before you know it."

"In time for the dance recital on Saturday?", she double-checks.

"Yes, it's not until Saturday, I'll be home way before then.", he brushes her hair out of her face then kisses her forehead.

"Okay, I love you.", she hugs him tightly.

"I love you too, Joy.", he smiles at her, then starts to walk to the plane.

"What's wrong with you?", Rhodey asks, as Happy takes Tony's bags and begins to walk towards the jet.

"What?"

"Three hours."

"I got caught doing a piece for Vanity Fair.", technically he's not lying.

"For three hours. For three hours you got me standing here."

Tony walks straight up to him and onto the plane, "Waiting on you now. Let's go. Come on. Wheels up! Rock and roll! Bye Jellybean!", he calls behind him and disappears onto the jet.

*     *     *     *     *

Later that day, Tony and Rhodey were sat on the jet, high up in the sky.

"Tony, what was that?", Rhodey asks.

"Really, Rhodes, you still mad at me for being late? Josie was kicking up a fuss about me coming and it's Pepper's birthday. Did you know about that? I swear it was her birthday like last month.", Tony rambled.

"No, it was her birthday last year. I'm not mad about you being late. Not that mad. I'm angry at you because you were driving seventy in a fifty zone.", Rhodey glares at him.

"So what? The roads were practically empty.", he shrugs.

"Yes, but Josie was in the passenger seat. What kind of example are you setting for her?"

"What's the harm in having a bit of fun? She was upset and it cheered her up. She's six, it's not like  I've unleashed a dangerous driver onto the streets of Malibu."

A flight attendant walks over, "Good morning, Mr. Stark. Hot towel?"

He takes one, "Thank you. Heat up the sake, would you?"