{Josie meets the Avengers Initiative}

August 15 2012

It's been two years since Whiplash and all that happened, things are going great for Josie Stark. Her dance lessons are going great, her dad and Pepper are in a very stable relationship, and she's almost convinced Tony to let her get a hamster. Things are calm- too calm. She has the ever-looming sense that everything is about to go to, for lack of a better term, shit. Damn right they are, Josie.

Cut to right now, Josie is in the living room of the penthouse of her dad's new building, Stark Towers, dancing to 'Promiscuous' on Just Dance. And, I have to add, smashing the dance out of the park. Tony and Pepper are flirting and talking business over the phone, as he finalized the arc reactor or something- Josie wasn't paying attention to their conversation at dinner last night.

As the dance ends, Tony walks in, "Levels are holding steady, I think.", Pepper bites her lip, as she looks at a graph.

"Of course they are, I was directly involved. Which brings me to my next question. How does it feel to be a genius?", he grins, walking over to her.

"Well, I really wouldn't know, now, would I?"

"What do you mean? All this came from you."

"No, all this came from that."

"Jesus guys, get a room.", Josie mutters (it's now her favourite phrase, since she learnt what it actually means) as she walks over to them.

"Come on, Pep. Give yourself some credit, please. Stark Tower is your baby. Give yourself twelve percent of the credit.",  he says.

"Twelve percent?", Pepper gasps.

"An argument could be made for fifteen.", Tony shrugs.

"Twelve percent? My baby?", Pepper shakes her head.

"Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted all the heavy things. And, sorry, but the security snafu? That was on you."

"Oh.", Pepper rolls her eyes.

"Arguing like a married couple.", Josie mumbles.

"My private elevator-"

"You mean our elevator?"

"Y- Uh- It was teeming with sweaty workmen.", he complains, sitting down next to Pepper and Josie, "I'm going to pay for that comment about percentages in some subtle way later, aren't I?"

"It's not going to be that subtle.", Pepper smiles.

"I'll tell you what, the next building is gonna say 'Potts' on the tower.", he offers.

"On the lease.", she grins, going to clink glasses with him.

He pulls his flute of champagne backwards, "Eek, call your mom, can you bunk over?"

Josie pulls a face, "Old people talk is so weird."

Tony feigns being hurt, "You hear that, Pep? We're old!", he gasps.

"And that's surprising?", Josie raises an eyebrow.

The phone begins to ring, "Sir, the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overridden.", J.A.R.V.I.S says.

"Mr. Stark, we need to talk.", Coulson says, over Tony's phone.

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message.", Tony lies.

"This is urgent."

"Then leave it urgently."

"Coulson, save me! It's date night, I might throw up!", Josie yells.