39

[Harry] 

It had been a little over an hour since Dr. Mayer went off to sign Lana's discharge papers, but by the time she got back – papers in hand – I had already watched over Lana's sleeping figure for about thirty minutes.

I took the papers from Dr. Mayer and took it upon myself to let Lana get some rest, aware and hesitant of the fact that she might be awakened by her over anxious thoughts while she slept.

Anxious thoughts and feelings she has every right to have. Though now I'm sure, she won't ever have to go through anything like this again. There isn't anything else that could possibly happen to her – to us – because we're in this together and I'm glad to see Lana realizing this more and more as time passes.

“How is she?” Mum asks as soon as I set foot in the waiting room.

“Fine – she's resting – got her discharge papers though” I smile a little triumphantly, holding them out to Marie who takes them and saves them in her purse.

I take a seat between Marie and Gemma while my mum hovers over us, her arms crossed over her chest and a look of despair in her eyes.

“What is it mum?” I sigh, running my fingers through my hair to keep it away from my face. She opesn her mouth to speak once, twice, maybe three times before my sister steps in for her.

“She doesn't want to go back to that house” Gemma announces in frustration, and my tired eyes go back to mum.

I hadn't thought about where we'd go after this huge ordeal, but I sure as hell agree on not going back to that hell that would be a constant reminder of James' sorry face.

“It's just not home Harry – I don't want anything to do with James anymore – that includes all the things he owns and bought us” my mum's eyes brim with tears, but she quickly blinks them away.

“No – yeah, I get it mum” I stand and embrace her, which she returns wholeheartedly. “We'll just go back to our old place” I suggest, feeling a little guilty for being so excited about going back to the place I grew up – I mean, truly grew up in. It's on the other side of town but it'll be enough space from that bastards luxurious hell hole.

“I'm kinda glad we decided not to sell it then” Gemma jokes, “or the furniture – super bonus” she adds and we all share a genuine laugh. Truthfully, I don't think any of us planned to be in this type of situation, but on the other hand, I'm sure it was something we all thought in the back of our minds – that'd we'd need some place where we could all escape to. And what better a place than where all our happy memories still linger behind the walls of our old home.

Despite the events that drove me out of town then, it's still my safe haven – and now it'll be Lana's as well. At least that's what I hope..

We settle in the less than uncomfortable seats of the waiting room when things begin to pick up speed over by reception.

I eye the male and female nurses as they respond to a ringing coming from one of the monitors connected to the same ones that the patients have in their rooms. I get this gut feeling that it has something to do with Lana, though i'm the only one who seems to notice. Then again, I could be so bloody paranoid I'm probably imagining all of this.

Yet as I continue to watch to try to prove my paranoid thoughts wrong, one of the nurses says, “Room B233”

“Harry!” My mum calls after me, but I barely notice it, much less realize the fact that I've sprung to my feet, until I find myself following the hospital staff back to Lana's room.

Pushing my way through – I could give a damn about the glares I receive – I have Lana's thrashing body in my sights.

Immobilized, my mouth dries significantly as I watch Lana toss and turn in the hospital bed. Her eyes screwed shut, and the thin white blankets tangled around her slender figure. “N-no!” she cries, and now her eyes fly open.

She sits up and scans the room, her eyes wild, her chest heaving, “Get away!” she screams again, seeming disoriented, as the nurses try to hold her down. “Please miss, just try to relax” one of them says in a breath.

I run to Lana's side, but she jerks away from me. Her skin clammy and her face pale. I'm momentarily wounded, but my need to make sure she's okay takes over.

They all call out different versions of:

We can't inject her without Dr. Mayer's permission!”

I try to reach out to her again, placing my hands on her shoulders I try to lay her back down which almost works, “No! Let go!” she fights me off. God she must be reliving one or more of her traumatic experiences..

“Lana – baby please – its me Harry” I try to soothe her, maybe she'll respond to the sound of my voice, since her sight is blinded by her panic. And it works for a split second – at least long enough for Dr. Mayer to finally make a fucking appearance.

“It's a nocturnal panic attack” she rushes in with a syringe, “Hold her down for me Mr. Styles” Dr. Mayer instructs and I do as she says in guilty hesitation while Lana struggles under my grip.

The needle slips into her arm and into her vein, taking quick effect. “Harry” she breathes as she starts to calm down and she blinks in and out of consciousness.

[Lana]

“I'm here babe, i'm here” Harry's worried face comes into clearer view as he hovers over me. His voice slightly distorted through the now dying ringing in my ears.

“I'm sorry” I manage to say, as the effects of the drugs i've been injected with continue to fill my veins. I can literally feel the liquid running up and down the map inside my body.

“God what happened?” My mother hovers over me on my other side, but the drugs have me feeling lazy and floaty. If that's any way to describe it, but my hearing is fully restored.

“She had a nocturnal panic attack – it's unfortunately common for patients who've been through a traumatic experience” Dr. Mayer explains and I watch my mom cover her face with her hands as she cries a muffled version of “Oh god”

-----

Sorry it's another short chapter guys! I wanted to make it longer, but that would mean rushing it and I hate when I rush things cause it just isn't as good as it can be :(

College literally takes any creativity I may have which is why updates are slow :/ but i'm trying! There's a little more drama to be had in the next few chapters though so it'll be worth it ;) (I hope lol)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little chapter! Thanks for reading and waitng for the updates guys! <3