4

I haven't seen Lana in 2 days since I dropped her off at her house.. I've had to hold myself back from going over there to see her.. I'm sure she wouldn't like that considering she's not 'the boyfriend type' I sighed as I got up from the couch and pulled on my shoes. It's nearly 3 and to keep my mind busy I'm going to Oldies Records hopefully that'll be enough of a distraction. I take one last look at myself in the mirror taking a few curls out from under my fedora so they're visible and with my car keys in hand I head to down stairs.

[Lana]

I had gotten up earlier than usual because I knew If I wanted to help my mom and I escape this hell we live in along side my dad, having money was the only way to do it. I needed to find a job and fast.. "Your up early Lana" My mother yawned as she walked in, I had my back to her as I finished washing the dishes and started to make breakfast. "I know I was-" I turned around and stopped mid sentence when I saw her face. She had a huge bruise going from her cheek bone around and around her eye, "Mom! What happened?!" I ran to her to examine her face and she pushed me away, not literally but she smacked my hand away. Of course why do i ask, I already know... it was my father.. "It's nothing leave it alone Lana." She grumbled as she got a mug from the cupboard. I stood there and sighed, she got that bruise because of me.. He said she'd pay for defending me and she did.. I didn't push the topic further because I knew she would get angry with me. She puts up with the beatings because she cares about me sometimes I wish she didn't so she wouldn't have to get hurt.. but only sometimes.. because I have no idea where i'd be with out my mom she's like my rock. I want to help her I want to get us far away from my dad and maybe have a house one day like the one I made Harry drop me off at the other day... "I'm going to look for a job today" I spoke quietly as I went back to making breakfast, "Oh that's nice honey. Have any ideas where you want to work?" she asked as I heard her put water on the stove for her tea. "Um no actually I was just going to go by the board walk and see if they have any help wanted signs.." I sighed as I thought about my plan it's not a very good one and might get me nowhere today.. but it can't hurt to try right? "Well good luck Lana baby" My mom came up behind me and placed a kiss to my cheek before retreating to her room. "Thanks mom" I whispered as I watched her disappear behind her door. I hope today goes as planned.

I put on the nicest casual attire I owned, although I was looking for a job it was really hot today and walking in this weather in a suit or whatever was just not an option. So i opted for a pair of worn out high waited jean shorts and a floral blouse tucked in to them. i wore a pair of sandals that tied around my ankles and put my hair up in a high messy pony tail. I didn't bother to wear any other make up except for some mascara because although it might not look like much it makes a hell of a difference.

I had made it to the boardwalk alongside all the shops and I was frustrated after going into two stores that were hiering but only college students.. which made no sense to me, I would have worked for anything as long as I made some cash I could use to help my mom and me.. These college students would want to make more because they need money for books and stuff like that, which I guess is part of the reason why I don't want to go to college, I need to focus on getting my life with my mom steady..

I walked into a few more stores that lacked the help wanted signs but maybe if they saw me they'd change their mind? It was a waste of time of course because they barely payed any attention to me. I was about to call it quits, i'd been at it all day and I just kept walking up and down the board walk. I sighed as I approached a large building, honestly it's the largest one here and I noticed a help wanted sign taped on the door. I sighed and went in side, this is my last try for the day and I hope it works out.

I walked in and was surprised there was a bit of a crowd in side, a bunch of kids with colorful hair and the typical hipsters sitting in the corner, that was obviously designed to let people enjoy the music they bought. I made my way up to the cashier who was nowhere to be found, I looked around the store to see someone of authority but everyone here looked like a tourist or native. I jumped scared for my life when the girl behind the counter jumped up from underneath, with a box in her hands. "Oh i'm sorry did I scare you?" She gasped. I sighed and laughed as I began my small talk.