27

“Are you insane?!” I hiss trying to keep my voice down, giving James a 'Are you stupid?' glare.

“For you maybe” he smirks and I step down immediately.

Pig.

“Your sick” I spit, glaring at him.

“Well that may be so but, I do make a valid point don't I?” he crosses his leg over the other and folds his hands in front of him, like the cynical bastard he is.

“No you don't” I bite back, noticing that i've been gripping Harry's hand a bit too hard.. I'm sorry. I send my quiet apologies as I look down at him briefly. 

“Oh c'mon Lana. Harry would love for you to see where he comes from, of course when he wakes up” he shrugs, his eyes shining in a way that makes my stomach turn.

“Besides” he sighs, “Do you really want to stay here in LA? Where so much heartache has happened to you? I'm sure if you say how high, Harry would jump at the idea” he grins, his pearly white teeth giving me more of a reason to vomit.

“Harry can make up his own mind, don't imply that I control him in anyway” I glare at him, and curse myself for even thinking that he does have a point. I know my mom would be all for it, but then it'd be harder to leave. Or will it?

“I think i'll take my chances here, and face my demons” I spit, turning back to Harry and willing James to get the hell out of here. I can't think with him in here.

“Such a fighter” James hums, “Just know this Lana, every great fighter needs a break now and again”

Not turning to look at him I listen as he leaves and finally I can breathe easy.

“Shit” I sigh, falling fatigued as I rest my head on Harry's chest. The sound of his heart just barely audible with all the damn machines around him.

James is right, about everything really. My mom, Harry and I could start new in some place in England, preferably far from James.

This could be the solution to prevent me from leaving. If I stay here, in LA and leave Harry I know he'd never give up on me. He'd be just as persistent as the first time, if not more. I won't stand a chance, because all I would want to do is be with him.

Then theres the risk that for some reason that sperm donor of mine, might get out of jail for good behavior or something. I really don't care to know the rules of the prison system. But if we – If I go to London and decide I like it, would Harry want to stay? Given the reasons he had for leaving? And then his shop, he wouldn't wanna leave it behind, at least not for me.

“Harry, what do I do?” I whisper my question, not expecting to get a reply.

“How about a kiss hello?” his groggy voice startles me and I stand upright, all confused thoughts thrown out the window.

“Harry” my eyes are pooled with tears again, and I can't hold back as I wrap my arms around him the best way I can and just cry into the crook of his neck.

His usual Harry scent comforting me before he drapes an arm around me.

“I'm so glad your okay – I'm so sorry” I sob in the most un-lady like manner.

“Shh i'm fine babe” he croaks, the natural rasp in his voice not helping his cause.

“I love you” I pull back and wipe my face in a rush. Then the thought come unbidden into my head, did Harry hear my conversation with James not even a minute ago? Shit.

“I love you too” He smiles and even in this shitty moment in time, it manages to make me happy.

It makes me think briefly, how would I – no – how could I ever want to be anywhere but at Harry's side? You can't and you won't..