33

[Lana]

Yeah well i'm sorry Tori, but you missed your chance and you have Katherine and yourself to thank for that”

Katherine. Katherine.

Who the hell is Katherine? And why is it also her fault Harry and Tori didn't work out?

I try to scurry back upstairs, when I hear his heavy footsteps making their way to the stairs – but it's too late.

“Lana?” His heavily accented voice calls my name.

I sigh mentally cursing myself for getting caught.

“Harry” I turn around and lower my gaze, my mouth in a straight line.

He climbs up a few more steps until he's just one below me.

“Look at me” his voice is barely audible, but it's enough to have me breathing shallow.

Slowly I bring my eyes to his and I can't seem to tear them away.

I expect him to interrogate me, and ask me if i've heard anything he talked about with Tori but instead he asks; “Are you alright?” brushing the back of his fingers to my cheek.

I blink several times per second and finally find words.

“Yeah – yeah I'm fine” I give him a tight smile as a fast replay of my horrible nightmare flashes behind my eyes. “I was just wondering where you went, besides I didn't wanna lay in bed all day” I half laugh, trying to take my mind off the visions and thankful that for now my accidental eavesdropping stays a secret.

“I've been here babe, just trying to clean up the mess in the kitchen” he shrugs, not a single flash of secrecy present in his eyes.

Maybe i'm overreacting about this Katherine figure?

“I see you've gotten dressed” he raises a brow as he eyes me from head to toe.

“Yeah well it's not like we can stay here forever” I hint at his going back home and his gaze finally leaves mine for a moment.

“Yeah” he sighs.

I reach out and run my fingers through his hair, willing him to look up at me. This is the only way i'll ever surpass his towering height over me.

“Where's Nicholi? I wanna thank him for the awesome room” I smirk, throwing my arms around Harry's neck.

“Your – Welcome” Nicholi yawns, emerging from one of the bedrooms. His dark hair sticking up in several directions.

“You two leaving already?” he wipes his face with his hand and I try to ignore how familiar he is walking around in just his boxers.

“Yeah gotta get back to my mum” Harry sighs, wrapping an arm around my waist to hold me close.

“Your mum?” Nicholi grins, “She still look as good as she did when we were kids?” he wiggles his brows at Harry and my eyes widen.

“Fuck off” Harry chuckles, punching Nicholi in the arm. “Hurry up and dress so you can take me to pick up my car” He shakes his head before leading me downstairs.

We didn't bring anything really so we're set to go at any time.

“Yeah yeah, just let me have some coffee yeah?” Nicholi rolls his eyes as we follow him into the kitchen and he pours himself some coffee.

We sit in a bit of an awkward silence as we practically watch Nicholi drink his coffee. I decide staring at Harry for a while is a lot more entertaining, and it's not long before he notices and overs me his signature smirk.