22

It's been three days.

Three days of constant paranoia. After all the arguing Harry managed to convince me that we wouldn't be as safe as we are with him, anywhere else.

The constant nagging of my pride in the back of my head kept screaming at me to be independent. Like I always have been. Yet my heart kept telling me Harry was right.

It's taken me a bit of time to realize that my so called “Pride” and “Independence” was all a front. My concept of men had been what I grew up with. A living hell. Filled with lies, beatings, and verbal abuse. Maybe all I ever wanted was someone to take care of me, like I had done with my mother. At least I tried; and I guess that's what I wanted too. Someone to try, and shit if Harry hasn't tried.

He's done more for me in a matter of months than that asshole of a sperm donor I call a father, ever did.

Yet with all the positivity, and acceptance of this realization. There has and probably always remain a sliver of doubt. And fear.

Like I said, it's been three days of paranoia that I've had to keep bottled up. Just for Harry's sake and my mothers as well. I have put them through enough and Harry has been doing so much for us. I don't want to bring this moment of bliss to an end.

That's exactly what this is, just a moment amongst the constant shit in my life.

My dad's out there, and he's made it more than clear that he will, find me, and I quote, “kill” me.

Just yesterday, before bringing my mother back here to Harry's apartment, I received a text.

It read:

Don't get to comfy you little skank. I'm coming for you.

It was from an unknown number, but I didn't have to really think about it. Of course it's him and i'm more than positive that he knows where I am, and who I'm with.

“Alright, it's official” Harry beams as he walks into the living room.

“Huh?” I try not to think and hide my paranoia.

“Your moms given me her blessing, we're getting hitched tomorrow” he flops down on the couch beside me and wiggles his brows.

“Are you fucking nuts?” I stare at him with wide eyes. He can't be serious, “My mother is half conscious most of the time! And more importantly we just started dating” I defend, my heart beating against my rib cage.

“Babe relax, I was just joking” he half laughs and as if he could read my mind, he places a hand over my heart and lays be back into the couch cushions. “For now that is” he adds.

“Not funny” I glare at him and smack him on the mouth lightly.

“It was for me” he smirks, grabbing my hand and kissing my finger tips.

The small gesture sends a direct line to my core and all I want to do is get high off Harry, and just forget.

I hold his stare, green staring into brown, while I climb onto his lap and coil my arms around his neck.

“Is she asleep?” I breathe, my nose gently brushing over his.

“Mhm..” he grips my hips. His lips grazing my own.

“Lets get away” I hum against his lips, slowly deepening the kiss.

“Lana” he breathes between kisses, my fingers tangling in his hair.

“What?” I breathe, already working on taking my blouse off.

“Your moms just in the other room” he half laughs, taking my face between his hands as I throw my top on the floor.