38

[Harry]

“I love you too” I smile against her lips before taking both her hands in mine.

“I think i'll give you two some privacy” Marie excuses her self and I flush realizing she has been here the whole time. I nod as she leaves and catch her give a knowing look at Lana. I wonder briefly what it was they were discussing before I came barging in.

As if making sure her daughter's okay isn't enough to talk about.. my subconscious remarks. Duh.

“God i'm so happy your alright” I breathe, running my thumbs over Lana's knuckles.

She nods, not once taking her glossy brown eyes from my face. It's unlike her really but oh so entertaining.

“How are you?” she finally snaps out of whatever was going through her mind, her eyes scanning my body, looking for evidence of any wounds.

“I'm fine, i'm fine” I tilt her chin up so she's forced to look at my face, “Just a little boo boo” I pout.

Instantly a grin takes over her over anxious face, as I point to the childish bandaid on my arm.

“Manly” she fights a laugh as she runs her fingers over the spider-man bandage, “Aw it's even got little webs!” she's full on teasing now. And my heart swells with joy knowing she's alright. As alright can be that is..

I know that she might be shutting the events that took place last night out to save herself from the pain and guilt of putting me and our families in danger. I know her well enough that I'll have to push her a little to get anything out of her, but for now I think i'll let her catch a break.

“Alright it's the only ones they had, besides I was in a rush to see how you were doing” I brush my thumb over the light freckles on her cheeks.

“Well i'm way better knowing you and my mom are okay and-” she pauses, as realization takes over, “Your mom? Gemma? Ugh i'm so selfish! I just – I have a hard time remembering what happ-”

“Lana, relax” I shake her gently by the shoulders, her eyes frantically searching over her lap. The gears in her overwhelmed mind are almost visible as she tries to dig for some sort of clue. “They're fine, just got a bit shook up baby, that's all”

“Are you sure? I-”

“Lana” I take her face in my hands, “I'm sure. Look, they're actually outside waiting to see you” I reassure her and her wide eyes shift between my face and the door to the room.

“Thank God” she lets out a breath and I realize her trying to shut this all out is taking a toll on her already.

“I just – can't remember anything past -” she screws her eyes shut, and rubs her hands around her wrist. The evidence on the zip ties still visible, I bite back my anger.

“It's okay” I clear my throat and focus on being here for Lana, “You don't have to think about anything until your ready, okay?” I lean down slightly so we're at eye level. My thumb tracing over her pale pink lips.

“Okay” she blinks a few times, and I smile to encourage her to think of something else.

“Do you want to see my mum and Gemma?”

“Yeah” she sighs, a small smile on her face.

[Lana]

After exchanging 'i'm sorrys' and 'i'm so glad your okay's' in all forms of the english language Anne,my mom, Gemma and I ended the second but less shitty day – compared to last nights events – with a few laughs and happy tears.