17

I'm so sorry! I haven't updated this since December :( I feel so bad. It hasn't felt that long ugh i've just been busy with shool honestly and then my other stories. Like inspiration hits with the others and i just have to get it down ya know? I've had major inspiration with this one for a while but like idk I felt like not many of you read it so.. lol but to those who do & are loyal thank you so much <3 :) and sorry for the wait :( This is short BUT there will be another update tmrrw i'll continue this in another chapter bc it's late and I don't want to be up all night :x anyway enjoy & thanks for reading<3

-----

[Harry]

The movement of another body beside me stirs me awake, my eyes flutter to adjust to the light pouring in through my window. I lift my head and smile to myself, she stayed with me. Willingly.. Lana's beautiful skins glows under the morning light, her long lashes fan over her cheeks in the most attractive way. I realize she's completely snuggled into my front, our legs a tangled mess and my arm possessively and greedily holding her closer to me. If that's even possible.

I can't seem to figure out why she's gotten so under my skin. I would do anything to keep her by my side, anything she asked, I would do. Since the moment I first saw her at that rave. Physically I was reeled in, but when she made the first move and came over to me, something else just clicked. Then there was the chase.. god I would have chased her all night as long as I could have her close. I just wanted to know her, everything about her mysterious guard just made me want more... More of everything.. It's brain-racking really..

I lay back down and enjoy this moment while it lasts, I've come to know Lana as a runner. I know that's the first thing she'll do, run. She always does, I just hope that she listens to me when I say I won't leave her. She said she would tell me everything and I know I should give her time until she's ready to get it all out, but i'm curious of the unknown reasons why she thinks I would just fuck off.

As strong as she is, and as much as she denies it, I know she's scared of whatever this is, of whatever we are. Hell, I'm scared too. Though one things for sure i'm not going to just leave her, if she needs me to be there I will. Even if she pushes me away. It's what we've done since day one.

“N-no.. stop! Wait!” she begins to call out in her sleep, and I have to shake her awake gently. “Lana, babe.. it's just a dream” I try to calm her and her eyes shoot open. “Harry!” she jolts upright and out of my embrace. Her eyes wide she looks around the room and finally at me, her stare lingering before she buries her face in her hands. “Babe.. it's alright i'm here..” I sit up and take her in my arms once more, half expecting her to push me away. But instead she snuggles further into me.

[Lana]

I fight as hard as I can to hold back the tears that were brought on by my nightmare. I would rather get punched in the face than show just how much pain i'm in. The tears and the pain are a sign of weakness. I'd kill myself before I give anyone the satisfaction of seeing me weak.. Even if that someone is Harry. You said you'd tell him.. You can't keep him at arms length forever. I know I can't but I don't think I'm ready to tell him just yet. I hope he gives me the time I need.

“Lana what was it? Your dream.. I mean” he feels the need to specify himself, and I almost laugh. I'm fifty percent sure that I trust Harry but the other fifty percent, the part of me that remains hidden from him holds me back.

“It was nothing, just a stupid dream” I try to laugh it off, putting my guard up as usual. I close my eyes for a second and instantly regret it, a flash of that man, the same one who was beating my sorry excuse for a father flashes behind my eyelids. The eery sound of my fathers cackle in my mind makes the bile rise in my throat.