7

I've been locked in my office upstairs for the whole day.. I don't understand what my mother intended to accomplish by mentioning James.. That wanker.. Then Lana tries to act like she gives a shit? I scoff to myself, she's the one that said all we had between us was the physical stuff.. It's probably her stupid curiosity, it's not like she really cares.. If I told her i'm sure she'd act like she feels pity then throw it in my face some how. I'm the only one who hates James with a burning passion, I admit it wasn't always like that.. There was a point in my life where I was willing to let him in to our family because he made my mother happy but then I caught him in his lie.. To even think about it just makes my blood boil, because I had to keep my mouth shut and let my mom marry him.. not only because he threatened me to but because I knew he made her happy.. I didn't want to be the reason to take away a happiness she had been longing for after my dad divorced her.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the phone rings, “Yeah?” I sigh rubbing my eyes. “Harry, i'm sorry but I need to get home.. my grandma's not feeling well” Bonnie sounds frantic, “Yeah sure no problem Bonnie, I'll stay until closing” I sit up worrying for one of my close friends. “Thanks Harry. Don't worry I'll make up the hours” She breathes down the line, “Don't worry about it, your paycheck will still be the same at the end of the week” I assure her, “Thanks Harry.. really” she sighs sincerely, “Anytime Bon” I smile even though she can't see me, and she sighs before hanging up. I sit back in my chair remembering that Lana is probably downstairs alone.. I wonder if Bonnie showed her the ropes and if she caught on just yet. I'm gonna have to go check on her even if I don't want to.. I don't get her, she stayed with me.. she actually spent the whole night with me and woke up next to me. I thought maybe she was letting her walls down finally, but she wasn't.. I mean we laughed and had a nice few minutes before my mom and Gemma showed up. Hell, even while they were here she acted like she wanted to be with me all day.. But then again I did ask her to pretend, why did I do that? I guess I didn't want my mom thinking I just take girls home for the fun of it, she raised me better than that.. But even so why did Lana agree? She could have just left. I'd like to believe that maybe she does have a soft spot for me she just doesn't wanna admit it to herself. I still don't understand why she doesn't date.. I would have given up on her by now just by the way she treats me but I dunno.. she's managed to get under my skin..

I think back to the night of the rave and what Jack said.. “I just don't want you getting hurt, I heard she used a guy who really liked her and she lead him on.. she knew exactly what she was doing mate and it didn't end well for the guy..” It makes me sick to actually think she's capable of that.. “Yeah? Well what makes you so different from that guy or any other guy that falls for her?” What does make me any different? Maybe that guy Jack was talking about was too much of a pushover? I know I'm not.. am I? No.. I'll just have to find a way to get her to admit it to herself, that she is warming up to me..

***

I get up and head downstairs to see how she's progressing, when I reach the bottom of the stairs I sigh at the sight before me. “Okay, okay! Hold on” Lana raises her voice to a customer as she tries to scan the item they're trying to purchase. “You know what you have a bad attitude” The customer rolls her eyes, “Yeah? Well if you don't like it don't come here!” Lana spits back. That's when I find a need to step in.. she's gonna run me into bankruptcy..

“Is there a problem Lana?” I ask with a half smile trying to calm the situation, “Yeah this lady keeps bad mouthing me and this... this stupid machine thing doesn't scan!” she puts a hand on her hip and picks up only to drop the CD the lady is purchasing, “Are you the manager?!” The woman asks, “No I'm the owner” I smile, “Oh even better! This girl you have working here has a very bad attitude and I hope she didn't damage the CD or else I want a discount!” she crosses her arms over her chest and purses her lips. “No worries you'll get a discount sorry for the inconvenience” I smile and move Lana aside to take over, I scan the woman’s CD once and hand her a receipt. “Thank you” she huffs and walks off.