31

“Lead the way then” I oblige to follow the stranger but allowing him to walk ahead of me and obviously at a distance.

He leads me down numerous short tunnels until we reach a barred dead end, and that's when I lose it. I don't have time for games.

“What the hell are you playing at?!” I hiss and he holds his hands up in surrender, not even bothering to fight me on this.

I take that as my queue to run and the second I turn my back is the second I hear the sound of a what I assume is one of the poles blocking our exit dropping on the tunnel floor. Quickly I turn around and just watch as the guy stands there gesturing me to go through the opening first.

Slowly and cautiously I make my way over, thinking that maybe I can sort of trust what he says now.

“I told you” he sighs as I put a foot through to the other side, “I'm a friend of Harry's” his dark eyes full of sincerity.

I nod my stare still hard and wary before walking through and stopping at the edge of a body of water. I look around in the darkness before the stranger comes out after placing the pole in it's place again.

“He's just up that way” he informs, pointing to a path made of old drift wood and gesturing for me to take the lead again.

“Thanks” I allow my guard down slightly and offer him a small smile, which he returns.

I rush up eager to find Harry, and the second I emerge I see his scruffy old brown boots.

“Harry” I breathe as he finds my gaze and I finish running my way up.

Harry runs a hand through his hair as relief quickly takes over his worried expression. I run straight into his open embrace as he meets me half way and kisses my forehead. 

“God I was so fucking worried” He sighs, and my heart swells knowing that our previous scene in the tunnels didn't change the way he feels about me. It's stilly to think it would but I tend to make up silly scenarios like that..

“Me too but your um friend -” I loosen my arms around his torso as I motion to the stranger that helped me find my way back to him.

“Thanks Nicholi” Harry half laughs as, Nicholi walks over and shakes his hand. My suspicions can take a rest now that i'm sure of his good intentions.

“No problem mate, you got yourself a tough one there” he jokes winking at me and Harry nudges me.

“Alright well, we should really get going before we get hauled off to jail by the police yeah?” a girls voice calls to us from behind Harry, and when I look over I realize it's the same girl who was all over Harry at the bar. I instantly dislike her.

I look up through my lashes to gauge Harry's reaction and catch him regarding me just the same. He offers me a small smile and rubs my back, he knows I know she's the same girl and when I get the chance I will interrogate him about her.

“Relax Tori, it's all good now babe” Nicholi, saunters over to her taking his claim by placing his arm around her waist to hold her close.

My dislike grows further knowing she's apparently Nicholi's girlfriend, and was still all touchy with Harry.

“Harry you coming back to mine for the night?” Nicholi asks as we stride over to him and Tori. Her eyes meet mine and she gives me a smile that I know all too well is fake. I return it equally as fake and bite my tongue as her stare lingers a little too long on Harry.

“Um..” Harry drapes his arm over my shoulders, “What do you say babe?” he questions and I take a second to enjoy the envy in Tori's stare when Harry calls me babe before actually looking up at him.