Chapter Fifty - Four

Chapter Fifty- Four

The three months had passed just as fast as they had come. During that time I had continued to work endlessly, occupying my mind with other things besides Lee. Jason hadn't bothered me that much, in fact it had seemed as if he had disappeared off of the face of the planet.

Victoria however, made sure that my day was never boring. She and Phillip often invited me out for small get togethers and to help keep my mind off of Lee.

Lee. It had been three months since I'd seen him after I had went to one of his concerts and stayed the night. Three months since I had discovered that the ring he had proposed to me with was his great great grandmother's ring, a family heirloom.

We had stayed in contact. Lee had made sure to call me once or twice a week, and if he couldn't he would text me to check up on me. I hadn't told him what I knew about the ring, I figured I'd deal with it whenever I saw him.

I nervously rubbed my hands together as I waited outside his apartment door. He had said that he would be back in town around seven pm, and it was a little past seven. I looked down at my watch and then back up to see if anyone was coming.

Maybe I should call him. I thought before I heard someone walking up the staircase in front of me. My heart sped up a little as I looked up and saw a very tired Lee carrying a duffle bag over one shoulder. When his eyes found mine, he smiled widely and rushed over to me, dropping his bag and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Simone, I've missed you." He said happily, although his voice still sounded tired. He pulled his head back to get a better look at me. "How long have you been waiting here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? If I had known I would have-" he rambled and I stopped him.

"It's fine, I've only been waiting for about ten minutes." I told him honestly. "You look tired." I commented and he rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"It was a long flight." He said, before pulling out his keys. "Would you like to come in?" He asked and I nodded.

After we were situated in the living room, he handed me a glass of water and sat down on the couch next to me. "How have you been? Has work been okay?"

"I've been good, and surprisingly work has been going smoothly." I replied, "How does it feel being done with your tour?"

He let out a sigh. "It feels amazing. I finally get a break." He laughed lightly, laying back against the couch, silence following as he stared up at the ceiling. "You know, even though we never actually said it, I guess it was just kind of implied, but I never asked you to be my girlfriend."

I smiled. "Well, we did do things a little unconventional at first," I said nudging him, "is this your way of asking then?"

He looked back at me. "Are you saying yes?"

"Of course." I replied.

"Then it's settled. We're officially official."

I chuckled, "I guess so."

Lee smiled, taking my hand in his. "Are you planning on staying the night? I would be happy if you did."

   "My answer's always yes." I said poking him before drawing my hands back to my lap. "Lee, I have a question to ask you." I breathed in deeply, waiting for him to reply.

       "What is it?"

"Would you like to go somewhere with me this weekend? I know it's really short notice, but I think I'm ready to start going more public with our relationship." I trailed.

Lee popped his chin up on his hand as he looked at me. I could tell he was a little surprised by my statement. "Really? What did you have in mind?"

     "I was just thinking that maybe we could go a state over and see my mom and dad. My brother is bringing his girlfriend over so we can all meet her and I wanted him to meet you." I said, "It'll just be a small get together and then we can go out and see the town and do other things on our last day there." I said swallowing nervously, "and you can just be yourself. I don't mind if everyone knows we're together. I can't keep you a secret forever."

He took my hand, obviously knowing that this was probably a lot for me even though I was the one agreeing to it. "Are you sure?"

I nodded, watching as his eyes shined brightly. "Okay, I'd love to go with you." He replied, "Is there anything else? It seems like there's something else bothering you." He stated.

"It's nothing too important," I promised him, "and plus, it can wait." I wanted to ask him at the right time. I wasn't mad or upset, I was just a bit anxious. Shi had told me that the reason Lee had given me that ring in the first place could only mean that he really loved me..the thought made me scared, but also really happy. I smiled at him, giving his hand a comforting squeeze as to say that it wasn't anything too serious that he needed to worry about.

"If you're sure." He said unsurely.

"I am." I promised, watching as the frown on his face slowly slipped away and I relaxed too.

"Okay, I believe you." He replied, finally giving in.