Chapter Fifty - Seven

Chapter Fifty- Seven

       "How are you feeling? You've been looking a little pale ever since dinner." Lee commented softly as he leaned against the dresser in my old bedroom of my parents' house. My brother and his girlfriend would be staying downstairs in his old room while Lee would be staying next door in the guest room. Everyone had been a little shocked, but impressed when Lee had suggested he sleep in the guest room instead of sharing the room with me because he didn't want me to feel uncomfortable. In hinds sight, I could've smacked him for making such a suggestion because I had missed him while he was on tour and I wouldn't have minded sharing my room with him, but I was happy that he always thought about my feelings even when I didn't ask for it.

I laid down on my cream colored bed sheets and and glanced over at him as I got comfortable. "I feel okay, just a little nauseated." I admitted, "I might have ate a little too fast." I joked, wincing slightly as a wave of nausea hit me. "Ugh." I held my hand up to my mouth.

Lee shortened the distance, rubbing one large hand against the small of my back. "Do you need me to go and get you some medicine?" He said, a look of concern gracing his handsome features.

I lowered my hand as the feeling slowly passed. "I don't think we have anything here, and besides, it's pretty late. I'd hate to make you go out in the middle of the night looking for some medicine at a connivence store in a town you're not even familiar with." I replied matter of factly.

           He brought his thumb up to my mouth, tracing my bottom lip softly. "You know I don't care about that, Simone." He stated, his dark eyes watching me closely, "If I can get something to make you feel better i'll do it." He said, almost as if it was a promise, and if it was coming from Lee, then it most definitely was one.

I eyed him, knowing just how serious he was. "Lee, really, it's fine just let me rest for a few minutes and I think it'll pass." I told him, watching the look of slight disbelief pass through his eyes as I smiled and patted the edge of the bed in front of me. "Don't look like that, I'll be fine after a while. Just sit down with me for a little bit."

Lee reluctantly sat down, still keeping one hand placed against my back, rubbing it gently as I lay on my side. "It was nice meeting your brother and his girlfriend today, and seeing your parents again. Having a home cooked meal was a bonus too. It was a welcomed change after being on the road for so long during the tour."

"Does someone miss touring already?" I teased.

Lee gave me a look as if saying you've got to be kidding me. "If you mean being stuck on a bus with four other guys being loud and acting like children for an extended period of time, then no, I don't miss it." He smiled, "But I do miss you."

"How can you miss me if i'm right here?" I asked him smartly, even though my heart sped up a little as he lowered his face to mine.

"Easy. I always miss you, even when I'm next to you because I know that at some moment we'll have to be apart again." He said, laying a hand against my face as he caressed it. "So it's nice to spend time with you like this."

I stared into his eyes, swallowing before I spoke. "I missed you too."

He raised an eyebrow. "Surely not you." He teased back.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, I did." I replied before turning over on my back and looking at the ceiling. "Do you ever think that we're moving too fast?" I asked, doubt creeping back into my mind. I know that there was no reason to doubt Lee and I's relationship, but ever since he had been away on tour, there had been a nagging feeling deep down in my stomach that I couldn't brush away. What if this was only temporary? I mean, he was famous after all, and he would be going on tour again in the future and who knows how long that would be the next time? I let out a sigh, knowing better. I shouldn't be entertaining these type of thoughts, I reminded myself as I turned back around to see the quizzical look on Lee's face.

"I'm sorry," I told him, "I didn't mean that, I've just been overthinking too much. I know we haven't rushed this relationship, and I know that things are good." I repeated, trying to convince myself of my words, "Forget I said anything, okay?"

Lee looked at me long and hard. "I understand." He said softly, "I know that we all overthink from time to time, I just wish you would trust me a little more, even if you don't think you can trust yourself." He released a small sigh of his own, but still managed to smile. "I know you're worried about a lot of things Simone regarding our relationship and who I am, so I understand, really. I appreciate you trying to change your thinking, and trusting me. I know it's hard...you're not the only one who gets worried, you know?"

I raised an eyebrow up at his comment. "Why do you get worried? I'm not going anywhere." I reassured him. If anything, I was the last person he had to worry about. I wasn't famous, people weren't flocking over me 24/7...well, except for Jason occasionally, but we had taken care of that problem, I reminded myself. Jason hadn't contacted me or even tried to talk to me ever since Lee had gone on tour, so I hadn't been thinking about him as much.

Lee smiled again, this time a slight sad smile as he rubbed the side of my face. "I just mean that overthinking is a monster that we all struggle with from time to time. That's all." He replied, letting his hand fall back down to his lap as he stood up from the bed, laying a soft kiss on my forehead. "I'm going to let you go ahead and try to get some sleep. If you feel worse, just call me, I'll be right there." He said reassuringly.

I didn't want him to leave, and somehow felt like I had made him sad from my earlier comment but didn't know how to fix the situation. "Goodnight, Lee." I replied, waving as he headed towards the door.

"Goodnight, Simone." He said softly, shutting the door behind him as I rolled over onto my side and sighed.

- - -

HI GUYS! I've missed you all

How have you been?

What have you been up to?

How has life been treating you?

- - - 

Love you, guys! And stay tuned for the next chapter ~