Chapter Eighteen

Not edited. Sorry if I accidentally wrote in third person in any part during this. I'll go back and edit it later if I did, I'm just so used to writing in third person that sometimes I forget that Lee's story is supposed to be in first person POV. Love you guys, hope your week's been going great and that you have a great Resurrection Sunday tomorrow!

Chapter Eighteen

As soon as the clock on my computer hit 4:59 p.m., I hurriedly finished typing up the last page for this layout I had been working on for the company, and promptly shut the computer down, now focusing my attention on gathering all of my belongings up into my purse as fast as I could so that I could leave work on time.

I glanced over at Victoria's empty seat that was a few feet away from me and grimaced. I hope that she was feeling better. She had texted me at five in the morning explaining that she had got food poisoning from a restaurant she and her boyfriend had eaten at last night. She wished me a good day, and say hopefully she'd make it back in to work on Thursday, which was two days from now. I hadn't mentioned anything to her about me meeting with Lee today. I didn't think that I had to, especially considering the fact that I was just going to his place for a little while to hang out..with a baby. Nothing special, I told myself.

After I had finished shoving everything into my purse, I took a quick scan around the small desk in front of me, making sure that I wasn't forgetting anything. When I realized that I was good, I picked up my keys and headed for the exit of my cubicle, stopping abruptly as I came face to face with Jason's hard body, the impact causing me to stumble back a little as I lost my footing.

He immediately caught my arm, steadying me with his strong grip as I gazed up to see his face, the white smile he always seemed to wear coming into full view. Why did he have to be so handsome, I thought inwardly as he let go of my arm.

He stared down at me, his brown eyes shining slightly as he took me in. He was wearing a black and white checkered shirt today, with his signature long khaki pants that hugged his long legs.

He grinned. "It seems like we can't help but run into one another, huh?" He chuckled a little, "Not that I'm complaining though." He said, laying his large arm against the top of my white cubicle to support his body as he leaned on it. "So what's got you in such a hurry today? Somewhere you have to be?" He questioned, curiosity lacing every word that flowed from his mouth.

I repositioned my purse around my shoulder, trying my best not to get lost in those brown eyes of his as he focused all of his attention on me, waiting for me to answer his question. I still can't believe I turned him down, I thought inwardly, before shaking the thought away, now was not the time to be regretting my decision. I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, nervously. "Yeah, sorry about that. I'm actually supposed to be meeting a friend in a little while, and I really don't want to be late."

The corners of Jason's eyes crinkled as he smiled. "Not a guy, I hope?" He said jokingly, but something behind his words told me that he was not joking, he honestly wanted to know whether or not I was meeting a guy or not. He couldn't be Jealous could he? I thought it over, before laughing at the thought. No way, there was absolutely no reason for him to be. But the slight change in his tone as he spoke kind of threw me off a little bit, and I felt a little awkward as I replied back to his question.

"He's just a friend." I said, not exactly knowing why I felt the need to tell him that Lee and I were just friends. It didn't matter, did it? I told myself, but you were engaged to him literally a couple of weeks ago, that voice reminded me. "Anyways, I'm just going to meet him at his place for a little while and help him babysit." I finished, although I was sure that Lee didn't necessarily need any help babysitting Summer since he had obviously done it on several occasions from what he had told me. He just wanted me to accompany him while he did it. That thought alone that he enjoyed my company made my heart feel light, but that feeling didn't last long as Jason spoke back up, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Oh, okay, so he has a baby?" Jason questioned, the tension in his jaw relaxing a little.

I shook my head. "No, it's not his baby, he's just watching the baby for his friend while he's out of town and just wanted some company while he did it."

Jason's brows raised slightly. "So um, you guys are..close?" He prodded.

"No, not really." I rushed out, before glancing down at my watch. If I didn't hurry I would be late, and I would have so much traffic to go through just to get to Lee's place. I glanced back up at Jason and sent him a smile, cutting off whatever he was getting ready to ask me. "Well, I'm really sorry, but I actually have to go now. I'll see you around, yeah?" I said, not really asking as I pushed my way past him, not registering the fact that he had been trying to ask me something until I was halfway out of the building.

- - -

Sooo feelings on Jason? Have they changed at all? Lol