Chapter Twenty - Two

So your girl graduated Nursing School two days ago. I can't believe it's been two years already, two years since I've started school and started writing the 'His series' It's crazy how fast time flys. I love you guys and pray you're all doing well. I pray that God continues to guide your steps in everything you do. Hope you enjoy this chapter. 💜

Not edited

Chapter Twenty - Two

12:32 p.m.

That's what the clock on my phone blinked as I stared down at it.

Time was moving slow. The day hadn't gone as fast as I had wanted it to, but regardless that didn't mean that it had been a bad day. It had just been a long day, a very long and boring day filled with the tedious work of creating party invitations for the upcoming Christmas party that our Boss was throwing in a month.

I added the date and time to the card, sighing in relief when it finally looked as good as I wanted it to. I saved it to my desktop and then sent it over to my Boss's email for his approval. After I had finished that I glanced up from my cubicle to catch a couple of my coworkers walking by with their lunches. I pulled at the sleeve of my white blouse as my stomach started to growl. I immediately placed my hand against it.

I really needed to eat something before my stomach started to eat itself.

I turned to the empty desk besides me, frowning when I thought about Victoria. She was still sick. Turns out what she had thought was just a stomach bug turned out to be the Flu. The doctor had suggested that she stay away from people for another three days until her symptoms were fully gone. Hopefully that meant that she would be back to work next week, because even though she got on my nerves at times, I was starting to feel lonely without my best friend.

As the clock on my phone hit 12:40, I grabbed my purse and began to head down to go and grab some lunch at the cafeteria by myself when I ran into Jason.

Why was I always running into him, I thought, readjusting my shirt and taking a step back from him.

       "Sorry," I mumbled.

Jason waved his hand, holding up his cup of coffee that was still intact. "No harm done." He smiled widely, before nodding to me. "Heading to lunch?" He asked knowingly.

I nodded. "Yeah, since Victoria isn't here, I was just going to head down to the cafeteria and grab a sandwich or something and head on back up and finish some work." I told him.

        "Mind if I join?" He asked. I opened my mouth before closing it.

"Yeah, sure." I replied, not wanting to seem rude.

We walked down to the cafeteria in silence.

After I grabbed my sandwich and a bottle of water, I turned to him. "Okay, well I'm gonna head back up. Enjoy your lunch." I said, getting ready to turn in the opposite direction.

He frowned. "Oh, I thought that maybe we could-" he said before a familiar voice cut off whatever he was going to say next.

"Hey, Simone. Hope I didn't miss your lunch." Lee said, walking over to my side, smiling. He was wearing that red baseball cap again and a pair of black sun glasses so that he wasn't as noticeable.

I turned to him confused, but happy. I hadn't expected to see Lee today, much less at my job, so him being here shocked me. I took him in. "Uh, no. I'm glad you came." I replied softly, "Where's Summer?" I replied, noticing the lack of a baby attached to his side.