VII

Her head lifts slightly so that she's now looking ahead of her. Yet she's not really seeing as her eyes are blurry and her head feels heavy. She attempts to lift her hands and rub her eye, but they're bound. Now more aware she realizes she's in a cold hard chair and her hands are cuffed to the floor. The tall man from the bar enters the room to talk.

"May I sit", he asks rhetorically.

"Why not", she answers knowing that he wasn't really asking me.

"So, Matilade Summers", he says while looking down at a dossier.

"No middle name", he asks while looking up at me.

"Nah, ma said they're a product of the establishment", she tells him with obvious boredom.

"See, that's how I know you're lying", he says kind of irritated.

"Hm", the girl questions.

"You don't have a middle name because your mom died at childbirth", he answers clearly thinking he's gained the upper hand.

"Like calm down Hotch this ain't the BAU", comes her reply snarkily.

"Miss Summers do you know a vigilante by the name of Wren", he asks now fed up.

"I can't say I do, people don't normally walk up and casually introduce themselves as a vigilante", she answers earnestly.

"Well I think you do know her", he pushes.

"Woah Woah Woah, just cause it's a bird name doesn't mean they're a girl", she jokes.

"Let me rephrase", he says catching her attention.

Nodding her head for him to continue he starts, "Miss Summers, I think you're the Wren."

She stares at him for a second before throwing her head back and gasping out between laughs, "You- You think- that- IM the Wren!"

"Is that assumption wrong Miss Summers", he asks unamused.

"Nah", the girl deadpans.

"Well than Wren, I want you to work for me", he says now cheery.

"After you kidnapped me", she questions.

"You're not a kid", he tells her.

With a shrug she asks, "What would I be doing?"

"You can do the same thing you are now, but on occasion we'll give you a target to get information from", he explains.

"Cool, Cool, can you uncuff me now. Like as kinky as I am I don't consent to this shit", she presses.

Rubbing a hand across his face he mutters, "Great another Stark."

As he reaches across to remove her cuffs she jokes, "Wow you really know how to charm the ladies."

"Let's get you to a skill evaluation", he commands ignoring her comments.

"So what do you wanna test", she questions now in a better mood.

"Everything", he answers shortly.

"Hey now, I ain't having sex in front of y'all. That's a little creepy", she chimes.

"Dear god shoot me", he huffs out.