VIII

"So, we'll start with fighting", Fury states while signaling to an agent. The man had made her change into shorts and a tank top. Her hands were wrapped, but she wasn't wearing gloves. They offered the girl shoes although she chose not to wear them.

Now with the man in front of her she sees that it was a smart choice. He's buff although there's enough body fat that the shoe wouldn't hurt him. Standing opposite the agent she pulls her fist up in front of her face. Staggering her feet she rolls her shoulders back and begins to hum.

"Fight", the director shouts making the man spur into action. Going for the first hit he swings for her ribs, turning her body so that her knee meets his forearm she extends her arm towards his exposed face. The heel of her hand meets his nose with a pleasing crack. When he pulls back she goes into offense. Her knee that was in the air extends to his chest while he's distractedly holding his nose. Her foot lands and pushes him across the mat. Running towards him she jumps and uses her momentum to swing her legs around his neck. Going around the back of his head she pulls her body weight back towards the floor. Putting her hands down she uses her legs to flip the man over her and onto his face. With her thighs pinning his head to the ground she grabs his hands and angles them so that if he moves his shoulders dislocate.

"Thank you Wren", he calls out making the girl release her opponent.

"Sorry sir, got carried away", she tells the man.

"It's alright, Agent Grant please go to the medical wing", he orders.

"Wren, follow me", he shouts making the young girl run to catch up with him. The pair walk down a short hall before Fury practically pushes her into a room. Agents are scattered around each at their own shooting range. The girl plugs her ears with her fingers and looks around for earplugs. Not seeing any she pulls her fingers from her ears and winces.

"You pick a gun and meet me at the farthest lane", he tells the girl before walking away. She turns to find a table with all sorts of guns. Looking through them she quickly eliminates the machine guns as they wouldn't have a practical use for her specialty. With that is mind she sorts through the handguns and deciding on a Beretta APX. With the semi-automatic pistol in hand she walks across the room to find Fury.

Once locating the man she speaks up, "So ear damage a common thing for you guys?"

"You don't have ear plugs in the field you don't have them here", he tells her in an 'I'm a tough guy' voice.

Rolling her eyes she turns to see a paper outline of a person hanging a few yards away. Holding the gun up she unlocks the safety with her thumb. Pulling the trigger she fires off 6 rounds. One between the legs just below the crotch, a bullet in each thigh, each shoulder was shot clean through, one on the target where the appendix is, and one right between the ribs that was close to being considered a graze.

"Shit, I suck at this", the girl exclaims theatrically.

"Quit making shots that subdue and go for the kill shot", he demands. Rolling her eyes she lines the gun back up and shoots 15 alternating rounds between the heart and head.

Turning back to face him she sarcastically asks, "Is that good enough for you oh mighty one?"

"We'll do power assessments then you can go home", he defeatedly responds.

"Thank god I could use a nap", she tells him while stifling a yawn.

A few hours later, around 5 am if she was being honest Fury let her leave. Between the kidnapping and conversation with Fury she forgot about the text Hamm had sent her.