XXII

Daddy dearest, mother darling
What happened to you
When your voice used to sing
You'd act there was nothing to lose

Memories of betrayal flash by in her head. Small clips of her father yelling and her mother watching too drugged up to help.

Your words would heal the hole in my heart
Your touch would mend the break in my arm
Apologies would slip past your lips at night
We'd pretend everything's alright

Pictures of her mother sitting at her beside placing a soft kiss on her forehead play on the back of her eyelids. Numerous teddy bears being gifted to her by her father flash in her head.

Blue lights riding past my window
Yells breaking through the calm
An angel sent from heaven to us
When will you come home

The memory of the blue slipping through her blinds onto her walls plays over and over. A small boy plays with a toy truck on the living room carpet while she colors.

Don't leave, I fear my bruises will fade
With them gone what's left of the home we made
Don't leave me, don't break my heart
They say I'll heal but where does it start

Her hands clench the microphone in pain. Her voice wavers with sadness that seeps into every crevice of the room.

My friends would ask if I'm okay
He'd look at me like we'd be safe someday
Mother would cry at my side each night
Daddy would apologize till we felt no fright

The young boy hugs her tightly as hurtful words get thrown around. Murmuring sweet promises in her ears to distract her from the fight. Tears run down her face as she hums to the boy in hopes of blocking out the loud voices. 'I love you Mattie, we'll get out of here soon'

The bruises will fade but the scars stay the same
The lies you told kept us sane
Deep in my soul I knew it'd change
But why'd you have to take them that day

Police shouts rush through her thoughts as she stands in front of her house. Paramedics push out a gurney with a small lump covered in a black sheet. Running, running in an attempt to save him, but she's much too late.

Blue lights riding past my window
Yells breaking through the calm
An angel sent from heaven to us
When will you come home

The cold police station stings at her skin. People move around her not even giving the teenager a second glance. After all a teen in a Louisiana police station isn't an uncommon sight. She just wishes someone would look at her. Help her.

Don't leave, I fear my bruises will fade
With them gone what's left of the home we made
Don't leave me, don't break my heart
They say I'll heal but where does it start

She grips the edge of the cart as strong arms wrap around her waist to pull her back. 'Tobias' She falls to her knees still holding the metal bar. 'Toby it's okay, the doctors are going to make you better' They never did.

Cop cars driving by
Crying to the sky
Lord o lord where are you
Please don't let this be true

Tears slip down the girl's face as she belts the lyrics. She misses home. She misses everyone no matter the pain they caused her. Two men once again sit in the back of the bar recording her. Tears slide down their faces as well for an unknown reason. Half of the bar is sobbing and the other half look clinically depressed. Her mood is reflected onto the room easily. Sensing this she decides to move onto a more light hearted song that she didn't write. Still the tears dry a path down her face. The memories of her family still looping through the back of her head.

A/N I need opinions on the song, because I may change it