XXIII

The two men approach their youngest mate at around 2 am. Their hands are clasped together hanging between themselves as Matt finally turns to see them. With them in her sight she makes to dash away, but Bucky catches her wrist in his metal hand.

Looking down at her wrist she asks, "What do you want?"

Selfconciously pulling his hand away he answers, "We don't know what happened with Tony but we miss you and wanted to make sure you're okay."

Closing her eyes she sighs before opening them and commanding, "Come one." Looking at each other then her retreating figure they quickly follow after her. Bucky wraps his flesh arm around her shoulder while Steve wraps his arm around her waist to hold Bucky's metal hand. The trio walks in a comfortable silence for about 10 minutes before reaching a familiar brick apartment building.

"I've been here before", Bucky comments.

"Really when", Matt asks really confused.

"Uh I lived here like three years ago", he says although it comes out as more of a question.

"Oh well I only moved in two years ago", she supplies while leading them up the stairs.

Opening her red door she lets the two large men walk in then closes and locks her door.

"My apartment downstairs was not this large", he jokes while spinning to take in the living area.

"Oh well the sweets are two of the other apartments combined, not even including the ceiling space", she reassures.

"How much does this go for, because the downstairs apartments aren't necessarily cheap", Bucky asks.

"Like 7,000. I'm planning on moving soon anyways", Matt answers trying to dismiss the subject.

"You pay that by singing", Steve asks skeptically.

"No, I usually sing for free. I have two other jobs that aren't too time consuming but pay well", she answers vaguely.

"So where are you moving to", Steve questions trying to learn more about her.

"Oh uh around Central Park", Matt tells them not too sure herself.

"How much would it be there", Bucky asks now very concerned.

"Like 163,000", she meekly supplies.

"For an apartment", Steve shrieks in disgust.

"What no, a town house and that's only for 10 years, then I'll own it. Plus if I wait a few months I could probably buy it outright", she defends.

"Oh thank god Doll, I thought you were acting like Tony", Bucky mutters before pulling her into a long overdue hug.

"It's late why don't you two stay here tonight", Matt suggests with an adorable smile.

"Sure Doll, Steve and I can stay on the couch", Bucky whispers into her hair not letting go as Steve embraces her from behind. His strong arms wrap around Buck as well.

"No, no you misunderstood. I have a king sized bed", she jokes hoping he'll understand.

"Okay we'll let you get ready for bed isn't that right Buck", Steve confirms.

"Right of course", Bucky nods with a small smile before pulling his arms away from her.

A/N: Should I do smut in the next part or make it wholesome fluff?