XVII

The two men wait outside of the bar for hours after they leave. The front door opens hundreds of times, but they never see her walk through the door. An older man, maybe in his 50s walks up the the door.

"Can I help you fellas", he asks politely.

"Uh, we were just wanting to ask who was singing", Bucky says awkwardly.

When the man raises an eyebrow Steve butts in, "Not in a weird way, we're having a party and want her to sing."

"Oh well, her name is Mattie, you just missed her though. She left a few minutes ago", the man says confusing the couple.

"Ah, thank you anyways", Steve says with a polite smile. Grabbing Bucky's hand the two walk away from the bar. Unknown to them they were walking the opposite direction of the skateboard tracks that run through the puddles on the side walk.

The young girl in question slowly skates away from the bar in Clinton in the direction of her apartment in Hell's Kitchen. As the two men walk hand and hand to the tower in Midtown Manhattan. Matt pays no attention to who she's passing, earbuds blaring music, a cigarette in one hand, and board swerving around people. Halfway through her journey someone starts casually running beside her.

"Okay Wilson, unless you're bringing me a pie please exit stage right", the girl says while pulling an earbud out.

"I don't have a pie, but I need help", the man says still running.

"What now", she asks not looking at her friend.

"Can we just", he starts heaving air, "Slow down for a minute." Rolling her eyes she slows down and picks up her board.

"What", she asks turning to face the man in the middle of the street.

"I have an idea, and Murdock agreed to come", the man rambles.

"So you kidnapped and threatened my twin, cool, cool. What do you need me for", the girl cuts him off.

"Well I'm hot, but our friends don't swing my way. Sooooo we need your help", he answers with an innocent smile.

"Awe you think I'm hot", the teenager says while clutching her chest.

"No, I think the pervs we're visiting are desperate enough to want you", he jokes with the same sweet smile.

"Keep it up and you'll be doing the work", she threatens while pointing a finger at him.

"You'd never leave us hanging", he says while starting to walk.

"He's tied up in my apartment isn't he", she says while trailing after her friend.

"If I say yes are you going to shoot me", he asks over his shoulder. Shaking her head she jogs to walk at her friend's side. Her music still loud in her left ear and a cigarette still held between her two fingers.

"You still smoking", he asks to guilt her.

"Hot? Yeah", she says with a playful smirk.

"I'll race you back to your place", he says with a boyish grin.

"Deal", she says as she agrees causing the man to run. Placing her board down she pushes off so that she reaches her apartment before her friend. Matt is going to be pissed if he's still tied up. She hopes to calm him down before Wade gets there, because if she's honest she doesn't want to clean the blood off of her floor. Hopefully the job they need help with isn't too terrible.