XXX

Matt sits in the common room with two cups of tea in front of her. One half full as she has slowly been drinking it, the other still steaming. Steve walks in and passes by the couch with nothing more than a kiss to her forehead. Next comes Bucky with much less enthusiasm which means he flips down on the couch next to her.

"What're you doing up Doll", he asks while scooting until his head is on her lap.

"I'm just waiting for Bruce", she answers while running her fingers through his hair and slowly plaiting it.

Bucky hums in understanding as he sinks further into her thighs. She smiles down at him when he lets out another pleased noise. Steve walks back into the room in hopes of finding Bucky and that's exactly what he finds. Yet he was hoping for an awake Bucky not a melted one.

"Come on Buck, if we don't head out now I'll miss my meeting", Steve exasperatedly says.

"I 'on't 'anna", he mumbles while burrowing deeper.

"If you go on a run I'll help you clean up later", Matt offers.

Bucky jumps up faster than she can process and starts to walk past his other mate, "Ya hear that Punk that's the sound of me ready for a run."

"Thanks Matt, we'll be back later", Steve provides with an amused smile.

"We'll that was amusing", a shy voice answers as he walks in.

"Uh Bruce, I uh got you a tea", Matt manages as she turns to face her mate.

"That's very kind of you sweetheart", Bruce states as he circles the couch to sit with her.

"I'm sorry", she blurts after a second of staring at him.

"What do you mean", he questions making Matt's job harder.

"I'm sorry that I snapped at you. You were just trying to comfort me and I was so cruel. You are such a kind man yet I disrespected you, and for that I am so sorry", Matt preaches with tears brimming her eyes.

"Matt, you have nothing to be sorry for. You were obviously is a rough state and I decided to push. I blame you for naught", he comforts with a hand on her knee.

"You're far too good for this world", she nearly sobs as she clutches his hand.

"Why don't we head out and get breakfast as a way to make up", he offers with a sweet smile.

"Or we could have sex", Matt counters with a smile.

"Let's stick to breakfast", he answers making the two laugh.