XXVIII

The duo enters the large main kitchen to find it mostly empty. The only person in the room is Bruce who doesn't look up as he continues to stir his coffee.

"Hey Bruce", Matt greets while taking a seat at the now cleaned kitchen bench.

"Hey Matt", he says while turning to face him. Smiling the girl reaches out to touch his hand only for him to slightly pull away.

"Uh, Tony is worried about you", he says slightly above a whisper.

"I know, I'm just not ready to talk to him", she responds with a less vibrant smile.

"You should", Bruce comments before leaving the room. His cold nature hurt Matt as she hoped that all of her soulmates would like her. Ignoring the stabbing feeling in her heart she turns to Loki with a large grin plastered on her face.

"Whatcha cooking good looking", she asks.

"How about pop tarts", he asks with a sheepish look.

"Pop tarts sound wonderful", Matt answers with an endearing smile.

With a proud look Loki exits momentarily through a small door before returning with a box of blueberry pop tarts. In a welcomed silence Loki places four packs of pop tarts in the toaster while Matt stands to make coffee.

"Would you like some", she asks over her shoulder without looking.

"I would love some", a voice not belonging to Loki comments. Without turning she looks at the crate of mugs next to the coffee maker and grabs a second cup.

"What would you like in it", she asks while pouring the coffee into the two mugs.

"Plain is fine", the man tells her.

"Here", Matt says as she turns after putting sugar in her own coffee.

"Thank you", Tony expresses with a tired look on his face. Bags stand out under his eyes and his usual mischievous look is dulled.

"How've you been", she voices with extreme worry.

"Do you really care", he contends while taking a sip of his coffee.

"Of course I care, why wouldn't", she protests with an angry look.

"Because I've texted, and called yet you can't even let me know that you're okay. Let alone conveyed that you might actually give a fuck about me", he exclaims with a raged filled glare.

"I needed time, you were mentioning marriage on the first day we met", she argues.

"You needed so much time", Tony mumbles while running a finger across the kitchen counter.

"Don't even", she whispers threateningly.

"I just don't get how you can talk to everyone but me", he voices with a hurt look on his face.

"You were moving too fast! I'm only 18, I don't think I'm ready for the same things you are. That doesn't make me love you any less", she blurts with conviction.

"You love me", Tony perplexedly repeats.

"Of course I love you, you're my soulmate", she reiterates with a sad look on her face.

"I'm sorry, I was so wrapped up in excitement I didn't stop to consider your feelings", Tony gives in.

"I'm sorry I hurt you", she whispers while wrapping him into a hug.

"I love you", he mutters into her head. The sound of a pop tart crunching breaks the two out of their embrace. Turning they see Loki watching with wide eyes with a pop tart hanging halfway out of his mouth.

"Sorry, I tried to stay quiet for as long as possible", he grumbles with a mouth full of food.

"It's okay, we need to get going anyways", Matt announces without moving away from Tony.

"Where are you going", he asks with a worried look.

"Shopping for my new apartment", she remarks while grabbing food from Loki.

"Can I come", he begs with an excited look in his eye.

Matt glances at him skeptically before he continues, "I love shopping."

"Fine you can come, go get dressed", Matt utters while rubbing a hand down her face like a tired soccer mom. Loki watches the interaction with a happy demeanor while biting into his fifth pop tart.

A/N:
What do we think of this Loki? What about Tony? How about Bruce?
Soooooooo I just published a new story. It is a stuckyxreader. I will continue working on this book, but will work on that one as well. If you're bored feel free to check it out.

 If you're bored feel free to check it out