XIII

The room watches as she pulls away from Tony and murmurs something. Only his mates notice when his face falls for a split second before he smiles at her. Though she notices it doesn't reach his eyes. Stepping off of the stage he allows his new mate to return to the microphone.

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way

The crowd watches the girl with renewed interest. What could possibly be so special about this girl that Tony Stark would hug her in front if his soulmates.

My girl, My girl, My girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl, My girl

Matt tries to ignore the burning stares of the Avengers, but they kind of hurt. Her words come across as pained and nervous. Sensing this the girl tries to focus and calm herself down.

I've got so much honey, the bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?

Tony watches the girl with such an intensity that he doesn't even sense Steve touching his shoulder. The man only reacts when his husband whispers in his ear, "Something about this doesn't feel right."

My girl, My girl, My girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl, My girl

Tony turns to glare at him, "What do you mean, we finally found her!"

Ooh, ooh
Hey, hey, hey
Ooh, ooh
Hey, hey, hey
Ooh, ooh, yeah

"And she just happens to be singing at your party", Loki adds.

I don't need no money, fortune, or fame
I've got all the riches, baby, one man can claim
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?

"I mean yeah, it's just a coincidence", Tony assures not believing what he said. Now that he thought about it the whole situation seems off.

My girl, My girl, My girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl, My girl
(Talkin' 'bout my girl)

As if feeling the shift Matt begins to plot her way out. This is her first mission and she can't be made. When they find Mr. Boltor's body she doesn't want to be anywhere near the building. Fury would be pissed if they figured out her involvement.

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day (Woah,Woah)
With my girl
I've even got the month of May
With my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl

When she finishes her last song the girl makes an excuse saying she has to use the bathroom. Once outside of the party room she she signals for an extraction on her ear comm. Making her way to the lobby she uses the stairs to avoid detection. On her phone she types away to access the footage of her throughout the night. Switching out time stamps and deleting all incriminating video. At the front door Agent Grant is waiting in a tuxedo next to a limo. Opening the door while paparazzi snap pictures of her she slips into the car.