Three

I got back into my quidditch gear and it felt good. I was ready for my first game practice back! I moved quietly past my sleeping peers and hurried out to the field.
It was early morning and the grass was dewy. I almost slipped several times trying to get to my team. I was greeted by my friend Collin and he nudged me.

"Hey, how've you been?"
I smiled and looked at him.

"Pretty alright, how about you Col?"

He shrugged and twisted his broom in his hands.
"I've been ready to get back to the game."

I nodded.
It's always about this game for him. He's the best in Hufflepuff.

A strong waft of cologne assaulted my nostrils and I looked towards a group of green heading towards us. The Slytherin team.

"Hey, what are they doing here?" A girl named Penelope asked next to me.

Collin huffed and walked over to them. I followed to see what was going on.

"Hey, we've got the field today." Collin stated.

Marcus Flint smirked and shook his head.

"No it's our field, get lost Puffers."

The rest of his team had the same arrogant expression, and in the back between two other players was Draco. He pushed his hair out of his face and stepped forward.

"Umbridge said we get more practice."

I glared at the boy and he just smirked back at me and looked at Collin.

"Besides, even with all the practice in the world you will still lose, puffers." Malfoy sneered.

"Let's have a match then." Collin said.

"Right now?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah, right bloody now Flint."

-
We all got in our starting positions and all of the balls were released.
I got up just above everyone and kept my eye out for the snitch. Malfoy was just across from me, also looking for the snitch. But I wouldn't let him get it this time.
When I heard a soft buzzing whip past my ear I immediately went into action and followed it. The golden orb was near the empty stands and I dove for it. Malfoy was right on my tail.

"Not this time." I said more to myself then to him.

I flew up and went back down straight for the snitch. I leaned quickly to the left and Malfoy followed. Then I went right back and grabbed the golden ball.

"I've got it!" I shouted.

Everyone's brooms slowed down and they all looked towards me.
My team cheered and came to congratulate me.

"That was pure luck." Malfoy spat.

"You wish." Collin chimed.

Malfoy flew past me and almost knocked me off my broom. I grabbed the wood before I lost my balance. What a jerk.

"Cheeky bastard that one." Collin said.

I nodded and we all flew down to the ground.

"Let's head for some celebratory breakfast shall we?" Penelope offered.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go see if my friends are up." I said.

I walked through the halls and headed towards our common room. I was stopped in my tracks by that same strong cologne.
Malfoy stood before me with a cold expression.

"So you're the mudblood on the Hufflepuff team." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"I've never really paid much attention to the puffers but now I remember playing you a couple years back. We always beat you. Did you use a spell or something?"

"Are you that much of a sore loser?" I asked before I could stop myself.

His face pinched up in anger and I felt my cheeks grow hot.
"My father will hear about you. This will probably be your last game. Pure bloods.. even half bloods, are much more worthy of playing quidditch then you pathetic lot are."

I looked away hoping he wouldn't notice the tears forming in my eyes.

"Are you crying now?" He laughed. "Like I said, pathetic."

And with that he walked away and left his stupid scent behind.

I walked the rest of the way to my common room and met Maggie who was still groggy from waking up.

"I'm starving, let's go Mags." I said quietly.

She studied me but was probably too tired to inquire about my behavior so we walked to the great hall together and she yawned probably six times on the way.
Someday someone will teach Malfoy a lesson. It won't be me... but someone! He deserves to get hit by a bludger and knocked out for a couple of weeks.