Eleven

I woke up to the sound of my owl, Lenox, chattering about. He was stretching his wings and fluttering and that usually meant he wanted out.

"Can you let him out please I want to sleep.." Maggie groaned.

I got up and opened his cage. I tickled under his chin and put him up towards the window. After a few little coos, he flew out.
I looked out towards the grounds and spotted Draco walking alone.
He was pacing back and forth and it was hard to tell but it looked like his mouth was moving.
He suddenly looked up in my direction because Lenox squawked. I gasped and almost fell backwards. That was terrifying.
I peeked back out after a few minutes to see if he was still there but he wasn't. He was gone.
Lenox returned and sat on the window preening his feathers. I put him back into his cage and gave him a treat.
Maggie sat up and with half-opened eyes, looked at me.

"Did you see a spider again?" She asked.

I smiled a little and shook my head.

"Just.. I um.. uh Lenox almost ran into a tree."
She 'hmfed' and face planted back into her pillow.

-

I sat down in potions and pulled all of my books out. Malfoy who was down a couple desks watched me closely.
Once we were dismissed to practice with our cauldrons, Malfoy stealthily moved closer to me and pretended to be looking at one of my ingredients.

"You spying on me now Westworth?" He asked in a hushed whisper.

"I don't know what you're-"

"You really are the worst liars. I saw you, don't deny it."

"I was just letting my owl out, and you happened to be there." I replied curtly.

He shifted on his weight and looked at me.
I didn't want to, but I looked up at his grey eyes.

"Malfoy!" Goyle called.

Draco huffed and tipped over one of the flasks on my desk. He walked back over to his group and sat down.
I couldn't help but glare at him as I cleaned up the mess he made. Good thing it was just Ogre drool.

He gave me a smug smirk and I just looked away. He gave me feelings that I wanted to escape. Stupid stupid boy.

-
Draco's POV

"What were you doing over there?" Crabbe asked.

"I thought she stole one of our ingredients." I replied.

I looked over at Westworth and studied her timid movements. She really didn't know what she was doing. Typical for a mudblood. She took a small glance at me and I returned a smirk. It seemed to get her flustered and she looked away quickly pouring the wrong thing into the cauldron.
This was a pretty fun game to play. In a way, I could get back at Jack and try to become friends with his sister. There's no way I would let him beat me up again.
And if Westworth really does want to fix me then she'll probably defend me.
Foolproof.

I gathered my stuff at the end of class and stayed a bit behind.

"Aren't you coming?" Goyle asked.

I nodded.

"In a minute." I replied.

They went on their way and I waited in the hall for Westworth to come out.
She came out carrying way too many books for her small arms and it made me laugh.

"Do you have enough books there Westworth?" I asked.

She peeked over the mound of books at me and glared.
She continued walking and I wondered if I should help her but decided against it. I walked besides her.

"Me and your filthy brother had a chat."

She looked over at me and furrowed her brows.

"Not about much, just the typical quarrel."

The girl that's always attached to her at the hip came up and pulled Westworth away from me gathering up some of her books.

"Jeez, why do you have so many books?"

Westworth looked back at me but I just rolled my eyes and continued down another hall.

I shouldn't waste my time with this.. something makes me want to though. With everything that's going on with my father, a distraction would be nice. And if Westworth gives up on me then I'll know, fixing me is just not worth it.