Fourteen

I hurried to the Hufflepuff common rooms quickly to avoid anyone who would see me like this. I would just get changed and then carry on as normal. I was actually proud of myself for not giving away Harry's secret army. We needed it more than ever. I would just have to endure the pain until we would be rewarded with freedom. Freedom from Umbridge, freedom from nasty pure-bloodes, freedom from the fear... the fear of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. 

I failed in my attempt to not be seen. Maggie rounded the corner and bumped into me.

"Oh sorry!" "Oh Amelia it's you."

I looked at her quickly giving her a smile but kept walking.

"I-I'm busy!" 

She followed me and I knew I wouldn't get away. She stopped in front of me and held onto my shoulders.

"Where are your- have you been crying??" 

She gave me a once over.

"What happened!?" 

I shushed her and pulled her to the common room. 

"Amelia what happened? Are you okay? Who hurt you? I'll sick 'em!" She said balling her hands into fists.

I sat on one of our big comfy mustard-colored love-seats and shook my head.

"It's-"

"Don't say its ok." She interrupted fiercely.

I finally looked up at her fiery golden eyes and she widened them at me urging me to explain.

"It was Pansy..."

"THAT SNAKE!"

"Mags... calm down..."

"No! What did she do to you? You need to tell someone! I'm gonna tell Jack!" She said on her way to storm out of the door. 

I stood up and grabbed her arm. 

"Please don't. If you tell Jack he'll do something stupid again and get himself expelled."

She looked at me wanting to argue but sat on the love seat and I sat beside her.

"Harry's starting an army," I explained quietly. "Neville's apart of it and I wanted to join so I asked Harry if I could. Draco knows somethings up with Harry and so he must've told all of his friends by now. Pansy attacked me in the halls asking what I knew but I didn't spill so... She basically spilled me." 

"Why didn't you tell me about the army?"

"I was gonna check it out first, we haven't even met yet it's still early."

She nodded.

"Amelia... You can't let Pansy get away with this."

"Yes I can, to protect Harry? To protect Neville? Yes I can."

"Do you still like Draco?"

I shook my head. However, my subconscious was arguing just the slightest.

"He did bring my wand to me afterwards, he'd found it on the ground." 

"Oh wow, the bare minimum!" Maggie screeched.

I nudged her shoulder which resulted in me hitting my own bruise. I winced.

She pulled at my sleeve and looked at my arm before I could react.

"This is not okay! Your arm looks like a blueberry muffin!"

I cringed at her comparison and looked down at my scuffed shoes. 

"She didn't kill me."

"She could've."

I was too tired to argue anymore. My eyes feeling heavy and itchy from crying. I leaned against Maggie's shoulder and closed my eyes. 

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being here for me, I don't know what it would be like to not have someone like you to lean on."

"You know I love you." Maggie replied.

I smiled and fell into my thoughts.

My words ringing in my head. 

'what it would be like to not have someone like you to lean on'

what would it be like to not have someone to lean on

Draco... did he have someone to lean on?