Twenty Four

I was pulled into a dark room, the sound of the door slamming made me jump out of my skin.

"Lumos." 

The light from his wand lit up his stern features. 

"What? You told me to stay away from you and now you-"

"I'm making sure that what happened in the forest, stays in the forest. Don't let it get out to anyone or I swear I'll-"

"You'll what? You're so full of empty threats Malfoy." I said turning away towards the door.

"Don't walk away from me. I'll make sure you and your brother both get expelled. I have more power now thanks to Umbridge and whatever I say, goes."

I stopped and balled my fists ready to knock his lights out. I turned back to him and folded my arms.

"Umbridge? Umbridge?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"Keep your voice down!" He hissed.

"Or what! Afraid to be seen with me all alone in a room? I'm disgusting I know! What else? Tell me what else you think about me Malfoy! Go on!"

He swallowed and kept his icy glare. 

"Don't tell anyone about what happened."

"I won't. I have a reputation too and it'd be ruined if people knew I kissed Draco Malfoy!"

"You little-"

"I cared about you! I care about you Malfoy." I started to tear up for the third time that day.

"I care about you Draco. I really do and I..."

I sniffled and let my head fall down in weariness. My hand reached up to wipe my cheeks and I huffed out of frustration.

"Well you shouldn't."

"Why?" 

"Because..."

His demeanor suddenly changed.

"Because I don't care about you, this is stupid."

"No. You were going to say something else. Let down your facade for once Draco, please."

"This is a waste of time. You know what I want. Respect my request."

"Respect? That's the last word I'd expect you to know."

"You can't talk to me like this! I'll-"

"But you can talk to me like you do?"

"You don't deserve respect!"

"Neither do you!"

There was a heavy silence. We both looked away and I built up the courage to ask.

"Did it mean anything?"

"Did what mean anything Westworth?"

I moved closer putting my hand on the side of his head. I kissed the edge of his mouth, near his lips and moved back quickly. 

"You..."

I closed my eyes. His hands were suddenly on the side of my head and he kissed me. 

"Filthy.. mudblood.."

I looked up at him with wide eyes. 

"I denied it for days. But it made me physically sick. I didn't want it to mean anything. But you... you're like... I couldn't move on. God, what are you doing to me Westworth? You've made me bloody weak. W-weaker."

I shook my head trying to find words but I didn't have to. He put his wand in his pocket. The dark enveloped us and there were only sensations. He pulled me closer against his stiff body kissing me. His lips were warm, my stomach was inside out. I could feel his frustration through the kiss. 

"I hate you." He muttered.

"I hate you more." 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. When we couldn't breathe anymore we pulled apart gasping for air. 

His fingers dug into my waist and I let out a strange noise. Then his tongue swept across my bottom lip and I almost fainted. After a while he put his hand on my cheek I felt something cold against my face. I put my hand over his and felt that it was a ring. 

We pulled apart and stayed just inches from each other. I wished I could look into his grey eyes at that moment. His cute flushed face. But all I saw was darkness. 

"Don't tell anyone about this time either." He said with hesitation. It was less harsh but still demanding.

His hand moved down slightly to my wrist and I felt his thumb stroke my skin gently. Then his presence was gone. Light from the hall flooded in and he was gone.

 I suddenly felt very cold. 

I don't think I moved for a solid five minutes. What had just happened? Was it all a dream? The lingering sent of mint had my head spinning. His taste was still on my tongue. He tasted like what I would imagine winter to taste like, if it was a flavor. Or maybe autumn.

I walked out eventually, shaken to my core. I probably looked like I'd been hit by the train. My throat felt dry. What just happened??

He didn't love me. How could he? I was a fool for thinking he could. We were just caught up in the moment. And besides if he really loved me he wouldn't ask me to hide it. The only thing he cared about was himself. Why would I expect that to change? 

He doesn't accept it. He never will. We're just too different and it would never work.

Suddenly, I felt a lot like a girl named Juliet. But Romeo was a hot jerk who I wanted to pummel with a stick.

Romeo, oh Romeo, will you ever stop denying your feelings?