Seventeen

I signed Amelia Westworth on the paper for Dumbledore's army a few days ago. I was excited to have this sort of rebellious, hero-like duty. Umbridge wouldn't back down easily however. This was top secret and I felt honored to be apart of it. 

"Amelia, guess what?" Neville asked as he caught up with me in the hall.

"What?" 

"I've found it."

"Found what exactly? You lose a lot of things Nev."

"The place, for you-know-what." 

I stopped and turned to him. 

"You did? Where is it? Have you told Harry?"

"I'm on my way to right now."

"That's great!"

I followed him as he found Harry and led him and his friends to an area I've never seen been to before. 

"Hold on," Neville said walking back and forth a couple of times in front of the wall.

The wall shifted and a door was revealed. We all gasped in amazement.

"You found room of requirement!" Hermione exclaimed.

Neville smiled proudly and gave me a quick glance. I returned a smile and looked at Harry as he examined the room.

"It's brilliant, well done Neville," Harry beamed. "We'll start lessons as soon as possible, tell everyone else about it."

We all nodded and headed off to tell the others where to meet. 

-

"I'm not up to anything."

Jack and Maggie both stared at me like disappointed parents.

"You've been acting strange Mils." Maggie sighed.

"I'm just stressed about tests is all."

Jack shifted on his weight and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Where are your glasses?" He asked.

I paled and swallowed hard. Make something up. Make something up. Be believable. Be believable. 

"They fell into the lake." I blurted.

"The lake?" He asked with little to no enthusiasm.

"How the hell did your glasses fall into the lake?"

"Well I was leaning over a dock and they just sort of slipped off and I um..."

"Why didn't you use your wand?"

"I had lost that as well. But I found it and so it's fine, but um I think my glasses got eaten by a fish or something cause I can't retrieve 'em." I said with a small smile.

Maggie watched me with worry drawn all over her face. She knew I was lying. She knew what really happened and I could tell she wanted to tell Jack but I had begged her not to.

Jack shook his head. "You'd better get new ones before the test."

I nodded.

"So, back to Maggie's question. What have you really been up to?" 

"Nothing! I'm just stressed!" I yelled defensively. I looked up at a clock and almost choked. I was late for Arithmancy tutoring. Draco was gonna throw a hissy fit. Again.

"I'm going now, thanks for the interrogation guys." I said hurrying away down the stairs. 

"Mils wait!" I heard Maggie call.