Thirty Three

"Don't take that sweater, you know it makes you itchy." Maggie said perched up on my bed.

"But it's cute..."

She shrugged and I carried on packing my bag. I didn't know what to bring exactly. Besides toiletries and clothes, I couldn't think of anything else.

"Ooh what about a board game!"

Maggie lifted an eyebrow.

"You really think Malfoy's gonna want to do a board game?"

"Well... I don't know, I bet he's never done one." 

"I still can't believe you're doing this." She said with a squeak.

"Me either, trust me."

Jack burst into my room and threw some of my laundry towards my desk chair. 

"Mom said to fold those." He said sliding next to Maggie.

I glared at him. All this time and he still never knocked. 

"I can't believe you. You're a nitwit." I said chucking one of my bras at him.

He dodged it and made a face.

"Hey, that is inappropriate." 

"Says you." I retorted.

"She's right." Maggie agreed nodding.

"I am just the right amount of inappropriate." He argued confidently.

"There is not- just get out, I don't want you in my room."

Maggie nodded again and pushed his shoulder.

"Rude."

He got up and walked out. I slammed the door shut and took a deep breath. 

"What am I doing Mags?" I asked quietly.

"Honestly, you've gone mad, I couldn't tell you." She said with a laugh.

The plan: I had told Jack that I was staying with Neville to help him out with his nana. Staying with a boy, even if it was a good friend, was a big hell no to my parents so I told them I was staying with Maggie. Jack agreed to cover for me, especially since he could "check on me" and shabang with Maggie if you know what I mean. Ew. Whatever. 

Jack was unknowingly covering for me and Draco. 

I finished packing and almost walked out without my glasses. Mom and dad stopped me at the door and mom enveloped me in a big hug.

"Lotion, comb, sunscreen, tampons? Got all of that?" Mom asked.

"gOt AlL oF tHaT?" Jack asked in an annoyingly high pitched voice.

Mom smacked him upside the head and he laughed but was definitely in pain. 

I groaned. "I'm never coming back here."

My dad awkwardly laughed and looked over his shoulder.

"Take care of her Maggie."

"Oh, I will Mr. Westworth!" She replied hastily pulling me out of my house before my parents changed their minds.

Before we even got two feet away Jack had apparated right in front of us.

"What I don't get a goodbye kiss?"

"We have neighbors you idiot." I said looking around nervously.

"I'll see you soon doofus." Maggie said rolling her eyes.

"You better." He cupped her face and kissed her. He kept it going for a while obviously trying to annoy me and I pulled Maggie away from him.

"That's enough you hog." I said.