Thirty Seven

"Haha! look! I'm a Slytherin!" Amelia exclaimed.

"Where did you get that?"

"I found it in a closet."

She was wearing one of my old quidditch jumpers. She tried to roll the sleeves up but they just rolled back down.

"Wow very cute, you're probably never going to give that back are you?"

She smiled mischievously and shrugged.
She grabbed one of my ties and wrapped it around her neck. Then she grabbed one of my suit jackets and smoothed her hair back.

"Look at me, I'm big meanie Draco Malfoy." She said in a stupid and gruff voice.

"You look ridiculous."

"No you look ridiculous."

"Are you on something?"

She just laughed and hugged me. I wasn't expecting it so I awkwardly stood there for a minute before I realized what she was doing. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a small squeeze.

"Have you seen my glasses?" She asked muffled against my chest.

"No. And take this jacket off, it's more expensive than you'd care to know."

"Hmmm." She hummed.

She stepped away from me and searched around the room.

"Are you even listening?"

She threw my jacket off onto the bed and before I could say anything she spoke up.

"I'm gonna go make some tea!" She called running out of the room and down the stairs. A loud crash followed and I cringed at the sound.

"What the hell was that?" I asked walking down the stairs.

She laid in a heap at the bottom making whimpering noises.

"I can't see."

We really needed to find her glasses..

I helped her sad little self up and walked her to the kitchen. She made the tea and poured a godawful amount of sugar into her cup.

"Do you really need that much sugar?"

"Yes, yes I do."

I studied her strange frantic movements and watched as she took a sip of her overly sweetened tea. She was very giddy this morning, I wondered if it had anything to do with what transpired the night before.

Her eyes shifted over to me and she smiled over her cup. I couldn't help but smile back, her sickening joy was contagious.

"You look good in green, maybe you were meant to be in Slytherin after all."

"Oh psh, no way."

"Your asshole of a brother made it into Slytherin somehow. How are you both so different?"

She shrugged. Her messy bed hair and the fact that she was wearing my bloody clothes made me feel so weird. She's so perfect, why is she here? She's a complete idiot and I love that. I love.. maybe I love her.