Eight

I walked through the doors and Professor McGonagall was right behind me. The blonde boy was at the farthest bed from the door and the walk felt agonizing. I could tell he wanted to chew me out right then and there the way his face scrunched up when he saw me but he refrained. Probably thanks to McGonagall. 

When I got closer I could see the bruising and swelling around his eye and cheek. Jack got him good. 

"Mister Malfoy there is someone here to talk with you." She said.

"I can see that." He said with gritted teeth.  

"Um Malfoy.. er- Draco.. I just wanted to apologize for my brother's behavior. He can be a real git. It wasn't really fair." 

Draco narrowed his eyes. I realized I wasn't getting anywhere.

"Professor.. If you don't mind, could I speak to Draco alone?"

McGonagall nodded and ushered Madam Pomfrey out of the wing. 

"Your brother's gonna pay. You are too. You filthy mudbloods have really made a name for yourselves haven't you? My father is already on the way to expel your brother. You were the one who told him to do it weren't you? You'll be expelled too."

"Malfoy, I didn't mean for him to cause you harm. I had no idea he was going to do that I promise. Is there any sort of way I can change your mind?"

"No." 

"Please, I will help you study for the O.W.L.S, or um.. set you up with one of my Ravenclaw friends.. Or.."

"No! He doesn't deserve a second chance, and neither do you."

"Everyone deserves a second chance Draco."

Something in his eyes glinted but he kept his scowl. 

"I don't even know why I'm talking to you. Why you're talking to me. You're a disgrace to our world."

"You can use all the words you want to hurt me but I'm just here for my brother. I'll make sure he gets really hefty punishments for doing this but please don't let him get expelled."

"What kind of punishments?"

"He'll have to make everyone's beds in his dorm including yours, or even that he has to clean up after the first years' potions class. You know, I even bet I can get his girlfriend to give him something to whine about."

Malfoy seemed to like the sound of that as the corner of his mouth twitched into a smirk. It disappeared quickly however.

"I don't do favors for mudbloods." 

"Just convince your dad not to expel him! That's all I ask!" I exclaimed.

"Why are you still here?"

"Please Draco, I'm begging you." 

The words that came out of my mouth felt slimy and I cringed a little. His smirk returned.

"Maybe I'll have a word with him." 

"You will?!" I cried.

He was slightly startled by my sudden burst of joy. 

"I said, maybe." He muttered.

"I-I.. Thank you." I said. 

He rolled his eyes and pushed some of his hair off of his forehead.

"Get out of my sight mudblood, or I'll change my mind." 

I wanted to slap him and hug him at the same time.

I decided against both and hurried out of the wing. 

-

"Well?" My brother asked.

"I got a maybe." I said quietly.

"A maybe? Well I'm screwed." 

"I think that's better than nothing! You're welcome by the way."

My brother huffed and smiled a little. 

"Thank you, you lovely sister of mine." He said sarcastically.

I shoved his arm and he chuckled. "Ouch."

"I hate you." I said.

He pretended to be hurt and jumped off the desk he was sitting on again. 

"You're such a trouble maker." I said.

"No, I just know how to have fun. Plus, Malfoy deserved what he got, I just taught him a physical lesson." My brother said pridefully.

"Well that physical lesson is gonna cost you an arm and a leg.. and probably a spleen and a kidney or two. I mean you've pissed off Daddy Malfoy, that's a death sentence."

He shook his head and walked out of the classroom nonchalantly. 

"Wellp, I'm headed off to detention." He said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Have fun scumbag." 

"Rude."

He walked away down the hall and I realized I was very late for my next class.