Nineteen

Jack's grip on my arm was painful. He dragged me outside and the sudden chill air made me shiver. I hugged myself and stepped away from my fuming brother.

"What?" I asked. 

He just laughed derisively and walked around in a circle with his arms on his head. After he settled down he shook his head at me and smiled a creepy smile. He was like a balloon that I anticipated to pop.

"Amelia?"

"What!"

"What are you DOING?!"

He finally exploded. 

"Jack calm down! It's not like I'm dating him."

"I told him to stay away from you. Why did you ask him out of all people? There's nothing ok about this. He will manipulate and take advantage of you."

"He's just a jerk-"

"No. Amelia no. Don't ever talk to him again. Don't even look at him. If he looks at you he's dead."

"Why is this so important to you?"

"Because you're important to me."

"You're important to me too, but I'm not a little kid." "I can handle a little Malfoy action."

He widened his eyes and I choked on my spit.

"Not action. I meant um Malfoy trouble or... something. I didn't mean that."

He dragged his hands along his face and groaned loudly. 

"Just promise me you won't get tied up in something you can't get out of."

"I promise?"

"Amelia."

"I promise Jack."

"No more tutoring?"

I sighed. "No more tutoring."

"Good. You're an idiot Mils."

"Excuse me? You're a butthole."

He rolled his eyes but smiled as we walked back inside.

He met up with Roslyn back in the great hall but I finished early so I wandered about until it would be curfew. Curfew was even earlier now that Umbridge had changed it. I was sick of that woman. 

"Watch where you're going!" A voice hissed.

"Sorry!" A younger voice squeaked.

I turned the corner to see a poor little first year running away from none other than Malfoy.

"Why don't you pick on people your own size Malfoy?" I say strolling up to him.

"Oh like you?" He asks sarcastically. "Why are you talking to me?"

I shrug. 

"Didn't your brother knock some sense into you? That you shouldn't be hanging out with someone like me? Did he tell you how terrible I am? You shouldn't talk to me anymore. Don't talk to me anymore Westworth."

"What if I want to?" I asked before I could stop myself.

His eyes widened for a second before they returned to a glare.

"You're ridiculous."

"Says you."

"What?"

"You're still talking to me aren't you? You could've walked away by now."

"Fine. I'm walking away." He said doing just that.