Sixteen

Sorry for the short chapters. They'll hopefully get better/longer & be worth it! Still getting used to working with this so bear with me. :) Thanks for reading! Lemme know if you have any ideas or wants.

Draco's POV

I twisted my quill around in between my fingers impatiently. She's the one who asked for help so where was she? I couldn't sit down for much longer so I stood up and wandered around the classroom aimlessly, examining the dusty bookshelves. I ran my finger along a shelf and watched the open doorway expectantly.

Still no Puffer. 

I agreed with myself that if she didn't show up in the next ten seconds I was leaving. I forced my feet to stay put for the last five when she finally walked through the door. Her hair was disheveled and it looked as if she'd run a marathon. Her face was flushed and she was panting awfully loud. 

"Get hit by a bus?" I asked. "Next time someone does you a favor, try to be on time." 

She glared at me and plopped down, letting her belongings fall onto the table with a loud 'thump.'

"I'm sorry." She replied through gritted teeth.

I walked over hesitantly and sat. As curious as I was, I didn't want to seem like I cared so I didn't ask why she looked so terrible. I pulled out our work and began to show her how the master does it. After a few tries on her own I realized she was hopeless. 

"Merlin's sake..." I muttered. "Are you bad at everything?" 

She opened her mouth to speak but quickly shut down. She looked small at that moment. Well, smaller than usual. She started to turn away but before she did I noticed the wetness forming in her eyes. Was she really crying? Over Arithmancy?

The sleeve of her sweater came up and swiped at her cheek. She let out a small noise that sounded like a dog whimper. She covered her face and seemed to get really stiff. 

"I can't see the paper... I don't know what I'm doing... I-I feel..."

"Okay okay Westworth, that's enough, you're slobbering all over your shirt." I said in disgust.

She looked up at me with wet eyes and a frown. 

"I lost my glasses..." She said with a sniffle. 

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I replied sarcastically. "How did you lose them?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."

Pansy.

She stared at me and I started to feel conscious.

"Just-I-well-Er- I'll just tell you the problems and we'll go from there."

She nodded and hovered over her paper again.

We worked through each problem for what felt like five hours. When we had finished one of the worksheets a droplet of water fell onto the paper smudging the ink. 

"Are you crying again?" I snapped.

She jumped and shook her head.

"No, I just um drooled." 

"Ew that's-"

"Draco?"

She sniffled once more and sat up straighter.